Phantom 4K and light ridge controller

Will a phantom4k paired with a lightbridge controller make it a p3p?
NO, not even close, as the P34K uses COMPLETELY different onboard transmission technology. Any type of P34K to P3P conversion would end up costing more than a new P3P.

The Phantom 4K is the typical wifi used by most quads, like the P3S and all the previous Phantoms, P2, P1, etc. The P3A/P use Lightbridge which is similar but different so no, you must use the 4K TX with the 4K.

I have just the standard, in the future when maybe the phantom 5 comes out or whatever, and the 4k gimbal/camera prices come down, is it possible to just mount a 4k camera on to the bottom of the standard? Obviously it would require some sort of firmware update, but is the Standard 4K just that? A standard phantom 3 with 4K camera instead of the 2.7k?

On close to the same issue, will the 4k camera from the 3 4k operate on the P3A ? Found another good deal for the P3 4k but don't need the 4k camera on it but have a P3A flying outside sucking up bugs.

That's not going to be a think until 2020 I feel! Most computers can't process 4K!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app
I think the growing consumer having more tv sets with 4k, the demand for editing computers will probably follow.
I can still remember that the power of computers was how fast they could copy a DVD via DVDShrink. Now Bluray is a fairly big step above DVD. 16-20 megapixel cameras are the norm now. I did a photo shoot for a magazine with a 4 MP Nikon and the writer was amazed with the whole process and couldn't believe I was able to hand her a CD on site of the days work.

I think the growing consumer having more tv sets with 4k, the demand for editing computers will probably follow.
I can still remember that the power of computers was how fast they could copy a DVD via DVDShrink. Now Bluray is a fairly big step above DVD. 16-20 megapixel cameras are the norm now. I did a photo shoot for a magazine with a 4 MP Nikon and the writer was amazed with the whole process and couldn't believe I was able to hand her a CD on site of the days work.
I was more thinking of client work. It's all well and good producing a client video in 4K but if they can't show it or allow their customers to watch it on their computers it's kinda pointless.

But I do totally see your point, it is a growing market and a fast one at that. RED cameras are now on 6k I believe. I'm still stuck in the past, I shoot digital on my Nikon D7000 but I also still shoot Film on my Nikon F801s! [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic