Phantom 4 yaw motor broken! plz help

Yes it's

a straightforward swap. There are a number of YouTube videos you should look at. 15 mins tops you're done with the swap. Just have the right tools
Thanks again.i replaced yaw arm and roll motor and once back together and started tried calibrating the Gimbal and it said calibration complete,the camera works fine but the yaw motor doesn't appear to be functioning correctly and it's very hot with the warning saying overheating but I don't see any error messages any ideas perhaps???

i have p4p which got beaten very hard so Yaw motor and housing is broken, i think Calibrated-magnets on the yaw motor has dings but not very deep, i know i can replace the bottom part- motor and sensor only and keep the housing but is it going to work ??? or what kind of motor should i buy to fix the off-center problem any solutions??? also roll and pitch motors don't have calibrated motors like yaw ???

the roll and pitch motors are a direct replacement unlike the yaw motor. On the yaw motor any marks on the sensors will make it malfunction. You need a good motor with no marks on the sensor. You also have to take the housing off the old motor and use that. Watch my YouTube video.

Reactions: giorgimonk
the roll and pitch motors are a direct replacement unlike the yaw motor. On the yaw motor any marks on the sensors will make it malfunction. You need a good motor with no marks on the sensor. You also have to take the housing off the old motor and use that. Watch my YouTube video.
Great video, unfortunately housing of the yaw motor has marks and dings where black circular magnet is, so if i replace the whole motor it's going to be looking slightly right or left?? any solutions to solve that problem ??

Great video, unfortunately housing of the yaw motor has marks and dings where black circular magnet is, so if i replace the whole motor it's going to be looking slightly right or left?? any solutions to solve that problem ??
It depends on how bad it is. I have tried using a damaged casing and most of the time it worked ok unless it was out of round. Just replacing the motor is chancy. it will most likely point left or right. I have a lot of casings and can usually find one that centers.

Yaw motor device. The motor burned out, tried to rewind and recognized the design. This motor works harder than others - it holds everything else. Below is a photo from a magnetic bell, magnetic dust on paper has created an imprint. There is nothing special - 8 poles, very symmetrical. This is how it should be in a brushless motor. But there is a very narrow gap between the poles, and that's where the sensors are located. The direction of the drone forward / backward in the picture is vertical. Next, I checked the operation of the sensors. These sensors are analog Hall sensors. Power can be seen from the diagram in the photo. When the signal increases on one, the signal increases on the other. I don’t know how the drone’s logic works, but if you use the voltage difference from the sensors (I used a multimeter), then in the range of 0-30 degrees the signal is positive to the left, negative to the right. When the camera is rotated +/- 45 degrees, the signal difference disappears and there may be problems. Perhaps this is related to the discussion above. The location of the sensors is very critical, as can be seen from the diagram. If they are placed closer to each other and the yaw angle is reduced, the sensor signal will be proportional to the angle, there will be no signal break. Another option is to glue neodymium magnets with a large gap between them. Motor data: Wire 0.1 mm, 40 turns per tooth, winding order AaABbBCcC, wind large letter clockwise, small letter against. The motor makes 72 steps per revolution. In my case, the crash hit the insulator on the yaw motor board, as you can see from the photo, the winding connections and the "-" bus occupy a significant area of the board, and the insulator is paper-thin. It is better to connect the wires on the motor stator.

Attachments

• IMG_5325.JPG
    IMG_5325.JPG
    813 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_5328.JPG
    IMG_5328.JPG
    802.2 KB · Views: 113
  • motor.png
    motor.png
    138.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_5525.JPG
    IMG_5525.JPG
    255.6 KB · Views: 101
I was surprised by the ability of the drone to work normally for several minutes, and then fill up the camera sideways. The yaw motor wire burned out twice. There are suspicions that the heating of the motor affects the magnetic field or sensors. I learned how to rewind the motor, a double wire really fits in, but the problem did not disappear. I found out for sure that a sharp turn of the drone (in flight or by hand) leads to a blockage of the camera to the side. I soldered thin wires to the sensors, and measured the voltage across them by turning the magnetic bell. Everything works except for the +/-45 angle, at this angle the signal is the same as at zero. Perhaps there is a difference in the strength of the magnetites of the ring and the location of the sensors. They can really be shifted by +/-0.5 mm. There is a store Buy block magnets neodymium - extremely strong - supermagnete.de. When I get it, it will be interesting to try these magnets.

Reactions: Droneted

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl