Phantom 4 top Plastic cracks

Reaction score
Hi all, Had a few of these cracks develop and just want to know if they’re cosmetic and okay to ignore or Structual and should be repaired?

Thanks,
Trifster

IMG_1738.jpg
IMG_1740.jpg

IMG_1739.jpg

So much has been written on this in the archives. Some action should be taken. Not super serious at this time, but don’t neglect. Please check the archives for your answer. There are many routes you can take.

So much has been written on this in the archives. Some action should be taken. Not super serious at this time, but don’t neglect. Please check the archives for your answer. There are many routes you can take.

Thanks. Looks like top case replacement is easy. I repair iPhones so this looks straight forward. Top case cracks look a lot less concerning than bottom case cracks. IFixit guide could be better though.

If the1st and either the 2nd or 3rd photos are of the same arm then surely the outer of the top half of the shell of that arm is connected to the drone by only any clips and or bolts from the lower half.
If correct then the support it offers the lower half is surely significantly reduced.

Any ideas on how the cracks appeared? Hard landing, maybe a fall? Too many cracks posts lately, around motors. At least parts are available to replace. Good luck

Reactions: Hounddog
Any ideas on how the cracks appeared? Hard landing, maybe a fall? Too many cracks posts lately, around motors. At least parts are available to replace. Good luck

I’m a mild flyer. P-mode. Some 360° around my house during construction. Active track of my wife running. The craziest was a 1900m flight over fame land to film a fire other side of town. Lots of out and back flights to cool things around my house. They’ve appeared over time. The one with two cracks right next to each other probably 2 years ago. The other 2 over the last 18 months.

Reactions: Capt KO
If the1st and either the 2nd or 3rd photos are of the same arm then surely the outer of the top half of the shell of that arm is connected to the drone by only any clips and or bolts from the lower half.
If correct then the support it offers the lower half is surely significantly reduced.

All cracks different arms. One arm no signs of cracks. The below was the first. It’s stable with a spot of gorilla glue.
IMG_1739.jpg

The motors are mounted to the lower shell only. If any cracks appear near the motors on the lower shell it would be prudent to replace the shell. No doubt the upper half does provide some structural support to the lower half, but if cracks on the upper half are not followed by any cracks showing up on the bottom half, I would postpone any repairs, other then maybe some strong glue over the cracks.

Reactions: RCLudlow

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers