Phantom 4 Standard Exchanging for a Phantom 4 Advanced, is it a good deal?

Reaction score
Good evening, I'm selling my Phantom 4 Standard, I'm thinking of getting a new one (while still in the stores), a Phantom 4 Advanced, is it worth the exchange?

I was really wanting a phantom 4 pro V2, but very expensive and I have no money, Pro V1 is also kind of affection, the money is half short.

Even the advanced is expensive, but he can give entrance to the sale of mine and install the difference, what do you think, it's worth it? Will it be a good gain?

Or is it nonsense that I sell the standard to jump to the advanced?

I have both. The p4 is my go to drone. The Adv just has a noticeably better camera. Most noticeable in low light. The p4 camera is fine for most uses. Keep it if it works fine.

I have a P4 and the camera works great. Would I like a P4P or the advanced probably But it doesn't seem practical when the p4 is still working find. Unless you have the money I don't

I just got a new P4 Advanced and have a P4 standard as well.
How do you handle the batteries by using both units? If I use the batteries in P4A and want to put them in P4 I have to refresh their firmware every time? Is it bad for the batteries?

Should not be an issue. If there is a firmware issue, you will get a notification and it can be ignored. Won’t effect the flying.

Thanks let me clrify the question, if i put the P4 battery in the P4A then DJI GO4 will prompt "inconsistent firmware found" so I will update the battery firmware. If after that i put the same battery in the P4 will DJI GO4 prompt the same message or not? So every time i switch units I have to update the batteries firmware?

Can’t answer if the go app will keep up with your exchange rate.
(how often this will happen)
As I said before, it can be ignored.
I’ve not seen consistency when it comes to a battery firmware message from the go app.

You are right, today i flown the P4A for the first time and put all the batteries without getting any message in go app.

To anyone that has experience flying P4 and P4A, can you say you've really noticed a big difference in camera quality? I ask that because I recently got a P4 standard. After a year of flying a Mavic Air, I thought it's camera was great, but I find the P4S's camera to be even better. It's very good. So is the P4A is that much better? I know on paper the answer is yes, but have you guys noticed it to be that much better? Thanks.

The p4a and a p4p have the same camera. With that said, I can’t answer for the p4a, as I don’t have that model. I do have both the p4 and the p4p and to me, there is a noticeable difference.

Reactions: Dan AISCF
To anyone that has experience flying P4 and P4A, can you say you've really noticed a big difference in camera quality? I ask that because I recently got a P4 standard. After a year of flying a Mavic Air, I thought it's camera was great, but I find the P4S's camera to be even better. It's very good. So is the P4A is that much better? I know on paper the answer is yes, but have you guys noticed it to be that much better?
If you are a serious photographer, the upgrade is significant.
The P4 pro/Adv camera is much better than the one on the P4 standard and all the other drones that use tiny 1/2.3" sensors.
The sensor is 4 times larger and this brings a lot of image improvement.
There's also a real controllable aperture so you're not stuck shooting full open all the time.
i-XVbML6P-M.jpg

Thanks for the replies. Flew a lot yesterday and the quality of image is good enough for now. I guess I'm kicking myself a little for not saving a little more cash for p4a, but live and learn.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl