Phantom 4 Pro yaw motor replacement

Reaction score
Dont Pay for a new camera! Fix it! I am new to forums but not new to drones. I Just want everyone out there with Phantom 4 Pros who have damaged their gimbals to not listen to any repair shops that tells you "gimbal damage, gota replace it with a new 699 camera." I have a small fleet of P4Ps and the first repair I sent it to a local repair shop with a severed gimbal, cracked shell, and broken landing gear. They charged me 699 for the camera plus landing gear and shell, and labor, totaling over $900. The second repair I sent it to a reputable repair center, not going to name names yet, but this time I damaged the yaw motor, they said arms and cables we can be replaced but not yaw motors. $850 repair! Yes I crashed again, this time the gimbal was mangled, motors torns arms broken. I looked for another repair center, still expected to pay for a new camera again but hoped I could find someplace that will repair them. This time I called Cloud City Drones and they told me they would attempt a repair on my gimbal before just replacing it. Get this, labor 139, yaw motor 95, pitch motor 95, yaw arm 56, ribbon cable 62, plus about 70 in total shipping, MY TOTAL COST WAS $517!!! almost 200 cheaper than the new camera itself. I was questionable but they sounded like they knew the stuff, very knowledgable and Great customer service. I got it back yesterday. Perfect, Dead Level functions like new! great work guys.

Dont Pay for a new camera! Fix it! I am new to forums but not new to drones. I Just want everyone out there with Phantom 4 Pros who have damaged their gimbals to not listen to any repair shops that tells you "gimbal damage, gota replace it with a new 699 camera." I have a small fleet of P4Ps and the first repair I sent it to a local repair shop with a severed gimbal, cracked shell, and broken landing gear. They charged me 699 for the camera plus landing gear and shell, and labor, totaling over $900. The second repair I sent it to a reputable repair center, not going to name names yet, but this time I damaged the yaw motor, they said arms and cables we can be replaced but not yaw motors. $850 repair! Yes I crashed again, this time the gimbal was mangled, motors torns arms broken. I looked for another repair center, still expected to pay for a new camera again but hoped I could find someplace that will repair them. This time I called Cloud City Drones and they told me they would attempt a repair on my gimbal before just replacing it. Get this, labor 139, yaw motor 95, pitch motor 95, yaw arm 56, ribbon cable 62, plus about 70 in total shipping, MY TOTAL COST WAS $517!!! almost 200 cheaper than the new camera itself. I was questionable but they sounded like they knew the stuff, very knowledgable and Great customer service. I got it back yesterday. Perfect, Dead Level functions like new! great work guys.

always good to hear about reasonably priced repairs, but mate you crashed 3 times, i would sell the drone and take up a less expensive hobby :)

I love how you guys trashed me for crashing lol You are totally right man I prefer colored pencils and markers over crayons though. I dont like to spend money when it is unnecessary, and drones are not that expensive of a hobby. Get a wife now that's an expensive hobby lol Iv owned and flown five DJI drones over four years and had four crashes. I am a hobbyist not a professional I think that aint that bad. Since my first crash was with my phantom 2 vision years ago and I had three this past year with this cursed P4P Im doing ok lol
I just figured someone would like to save themselves some money on their repairs. I saw on their web site they had parts too so if you wanted to do it yourself they seemed credible.

Reactions: crash1sttime

Were any of the others in King of Prussia? Cell phone repair that also fix’s drones?

IMG_0088.gif

Reactions: crash1sttime

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4