Phantom 4 Pro: Whats the best bundle and obstacle avoidance question

Reaction score
So, I started a AP business with the DJI Mavic Pro and business has been getting good. With that, I think I am going to start looking into a 4 Pro. Mainly due to the obstacle avoidance and larger/better camera.

So that leads me into my questions. First, is this the best bundle deal? Amazon.com: DJI Phantom 4 PRO Quadcopter Drone with 1-inch 20MP 4K Camera KIT + 3 Total DJI Batteries + 2 64GB Micro SDXC Cards + Reader + Snap on Prop Guards + Range Extender + Charging Hub + Hardcase: Camera & Photo
Seems to be but there are so many on Amazon its hard to tell.

My next question is, how good or bad is the obstacle avoidance? I have seen mixed reviews on YouTube. Some of my flights are indoors and having 360 protection really makes me feel better. And the tree encounter with my Mavic today scared me.

You won't need the range extender if you are in the USA as you can't legally operate outside of visual line of site. The obstacle avoidance is good, but the side sensors won't so much save you as they will notify you, but they will sound an alarm if you have basic mode on. Don't depend on the side obstacle avoidance. Front and back work great unless you are flying during sunset or sunrise as glare can cause erratic stops during flights. Sports mode removes obstacle avoidance and allows you to fly uninhibitet (think sunrise/sunset flying but be careful as there are no safeguards to help you).

No idea no the value of what you found on Amazon, but I would recommend you get what you need and not worry with extras that are packaged in to show a "potential" value. Think about what it is you need to conduct your business and get that. Once a client asks you for something more, then move forward with those purchases.

You won't need the range extender if you are in the USA as you can't legally operate outside of visual line of site. The obstacle avoidance is good, but the side sensors won't so much save you as they will notify you, but they will sound an alarm if you have basic mode on. Don't depend on the side obstacle avoidance. Front and back work great unless you are flying during sunset or sunrise as glare can cause erratic stops during flights. Sports mode removes obstacle avoidance and allows you to fly uninhibitet (think sunrise/sunset flying but be careful as there are no safeguards to help you).

No idea no the value of what you found on Amazon, but I would recommend you get what you need and not worry with extras that are packaged in to show a "potential" value. Think about what it is you need to conduct your business and get that. Once a client asks you for something more, then move forward with those purchases.
Well the 4 Pro is $1500, and two more batteries are another $340. The leaves 160 for SD, case, guards, and three way charger. This bundle seems like a great deal.

As for the obstacle avoidance, trees are what scare me. I just get worried about ramming into one on a reverse shot.

Also take note the Obstacle Avoidance (OA) has little value indoors. Unless you are in a gymnasium size building, the range of the sensors will be too great to be of any value. Constant warnings, beeping and auto stopping would be the affect indoors.

Well the 4 Pro is $1500, and two more batteries are another $340. The leaves 160 for SD, case, guards, and three way charger. This bundle seems like a great deal.

As for the obstacle avoidance, trees are what scare me. I just get worried about ramming into one on a reverse shot.
P4P alone is now $1435 from "sold and shipped by Amazon" today.
Amazon.com : DJI Phantom 4 PRO Professional Drone, Hobby RC Quadcopter & Multirotor, White, CP.PT.000488 : Camera & Photo
It has been as low as $1321 within the last three weeks from Amazon direct at that same URL, and even for one day at Best Buy. Keep that in mind. Prices fluctuate daily. The average price has been $1399.:cool:

So here is what I got. For $1870 (my wallet just cried typing that):
Phantom 4 Pro
San Disk U3 32 GB SD Card
Lexar 64 GB 150MB/s SD Card
2 Extra High Capacity Batteries
3 way charger
Metal Hard case
Backpack
2 extra prop sets
Sun Shade
Car Charger

Honestly, this is a pretty good deal. If I parted everything out, it would be $2000. So I save $170 which will go to the iPad Mini 2. This was an Authorized Dealer and should really help my business. Kinda excited to join the Phantom Family.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20