Phantom 4 pro vs V2.0

I’m hoping to be as happy with the v2 as you are. Shipping won’t get it here for another week.
(Just what I need, another set of props!)

Last edited:
Reactions: Ansia
I’m hoping to be as happy with the v2 as you are. Shipping won’t get it here for another week.
(Just what I need, another set of props!)
I know how it's taboo in these forums to talk about firmware upgrades, but I do encourage you to do it. The latest firmware of the v2.0 upgrades the ocusync from 1.0 to 2.0, which will allow the frequency hopping I mentioned earlier. Ocusync 1.0 was a 2.4Ghz signal only. Although on the P4P you can switch to 5.8Ghz, it didn't do it automatically before this firmware.

I’ve always been leary of updates until they have proved themselves.
Once I see what’s on this one, I’ll let you know. According to the previous owner, it’s been parked for three months and was only test flown.

I’ve always been leary of updates until they have proved themselves.
Once I see what’s on this one, I’ll let you know. According to the previous owner, it’s been parked for three months and was only test flown.
I've been unlucky with used stuff, so I steer away from doing so. I hope your drone comes as pristine as that owner told you.

...I believe I got one of the "yaw-challenged" v2.0 units, as trying to do a smooth manual orbit is WAY harder than my previous p4pro v1.0, and can almost reverse input at times which is incredibly frustrating and has me reverting to litchi's orbit mode which seems to overcome the manual input method...and now that phantom production has apparently ceased, I am terrified of returning it under the care refresh program, only to get a refurb nightmare at this point...sigh...

...I believe I got one of the "yaw-challenged" v2.0 units, as trying to do a smooth manual orbit is WAY harder than my previous p4pro v1.0, and can almost reverse input at times which is incredibly frustrating and has me reverting to litchi's orbit mode which seems to overcome the manual input method...and now that phantom production has apparently ceased, I am terrified of returning it under the care refresh program, only to get a refurb nightmare at this point...sigh...
Which props are on it?

I too have not had good luck with the version 2. I've had three V2.0 drones, two were brand-new and one was refurbished. All three have had issues. The yaw will not respond to my input when I'm trying to fly a manual orbit so I push the stick further, still no response to input, push the stick slightly further again, and then I get a sudden movement that looks like a total rookie pilot that doesn't know how to fly. Very frustrating because with a drone that responds to yaw I know my movements are smooth. Also, yaw drift (with no input from pilot) is so bad that exposure stills longer than maybe half a second are too blurry to use.

Scary stuff!
I’ve not even enabled the “Multiple Flight Modes” toggle in DJI go 4. Didn’t think I had the need.
Did you have the .dat file analyzed to try and determine cause?
I’m pretty new to this but know DJI Assistant 2 and/or other third party software could help.
Seem like there are quite few members here and on the DJI forum that enjoy solving those puzzles.
Let us know if you would be interested in sharing the .dat files for those flights.
May help others to prevent the issue.
I booted up my old P4P v1.0 and it showed the last logs from Oct 2018. My Flyaways were in 12/28/2017 and 8/22/2018. I can confirm that they are no longer accessible.

I know how it's taboo in these forums to talk about firmware upgrades, but I do encourage you to do it. The latest firmware of the v2.0 upgrades the ocusync from 1.0 to 2.0, which will allow the frequency hopping I mentioned earlier. Ocusync 1.0 was a 2.4Ghz signal only. Although on the P4P you can switch to 5.8Ghz, it didn't do it automatically before this firmware.
Looks to be all current on firmware. Only one showing on assistant screen.
Version .2200
As new and flys well. More testing later.

Reactions: Ansia

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4