Phantom 4 Pro vs Mavic 2 Pro

Website
schundlerphoto.com
I have now. Still Not 100%.
Like that Mavic has additional sensors and Ocusync.
Like the sturdiness of Phantom.
I have a P4p Osbidian. Love it Buy was thinking to trade.??
I had a P4P+ and a P4P before going to the Mavic 2 Pro. I can't say the P4P has any advantage in sturdiness. The glaring benefits are, beyond the obvious compact size when folded, are quietness, avoidance sensors, added Intelligent Flight Modes, Ocusync, and flight characteristics. I list the Intelligent Flight modes because, from a photographer's perspective, most video is taken in simple "takes" or clips. You can let your modes do the drone flying work while you focus on VLOS activity around you and on what images/clips your want.

Website
www.highflightmedia.com
One of the things we've been most impressed about is how the Mavic 2 handles in the wind. We do cell tower inspection through our pilot network. We recently just finished nearly 1000 towers in Texas and the pilots out there were fighting high winds. We've all been very surprised at how the Mavic preformed as well if not better than the Phantom 4. You will get 360 degree obstacle avoidance with the Mavic and not with the Phantom. Also you flying with OcuSync 2.0 on the Mavic so you get a smooth 1080P signal while flying up to 4.8 miles out. We feel that the Phantom is an amazing work horse, but the Mavic has the latest tech inside of it. During the last few cell tower training classes I have been using the Mavic 2 Pro. It has been the perfect training drone. If you ever need any advise or gear give us a shout.
I was wondering how the Mavic 2 does in the wind compared to the Mavic Pro and P4P. The P4P does VERY well in high wind conditions (use it for mapping). So if you say the Mavic Pro 2 does even better, that's impressive.

D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mahoney.Julia