Phantom 4 Pro v2 won’t calibrate- but P3p works fine

Reaction score
Went to a job today in North Milwaukee. I drove up from Chicago- not that it should matter, but it’s 90 mi. From home.

Frustratingly my P4p v2 kept getting compass errors and would not even start the motors.

I drove to a nearby park & tried to Calibrate the compass but it would not. Finally telling the there was “Strong Magnetic Interference”.

Luckily I’d brought my P3p as backup. Which fired up and locked on the GPS immediately and flew just fine.

WTF? Now the P4p v2 has always taken longer to lock on the GPS since I got it, but this is the second time (since last fall) that I’ve had this issue. Although on the first time I was able to get a couple blocks away from my target and fly. Today not at all.

I’m still on the road & will test when I get home, but wonder if you guys have a clue what I should do it it won’t Calibrate?

I did fly on Saturday (two days ago) just fine.
And this morning I did let DJI Go 4 update the safety zone database. But that shouldn’t affect the compass should it???

Last edited:
Update- As soon as I got home I started it up. No Compass error. Did take almost a minute to get a GPS lock, but no errors at all. But it did and I took it up & around the neighborhood a it. All fine.....
Not like I live in the country either. I'm on the northside of Chicago. In the city. It's really baffling what happened in Milwaukee.

Not really an industrial area either. Kind of residential & business. 3.95 miles from a Class D airport.
Not sure what to do about this - or how to make sure it doesn't; happen again.
Anyone have any thoughts on this??

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl