Phantom 4 pro v2 screen frozen in midflight

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I own a phantom 4 pro v2 today I was Flying my drone taking some photos today when my display froze and was promoted by the screen that it is not functioning do I want to close or wait, I said wait because I didn't want to close the app whilst mid flight. This is the second time it's happened to me, I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this on the V2 and are you able to still use the return to home function is the screen is frozen?? I was to scared to tryit in case I lost my saved home point, I ended up manually controlling my phantom 4 home and safely landed .
Thanks in advance.

Had that happen last weekend with a Mavic zoom. I will not provide the distance from home point so as not to upset the drone fuzz, but is was a bit of a pucker moment. No hint of an issue prior to, just gone.
I knew the route back to home was unobstructed, so I sucked in some oxygen and started to tap on some buttons for a restart. Had it all back in 20 seconds. It’s happened a few times in the few years I’ve had the DJI products, and probably will happen again. I fly with those thoughts at all times just for that occurrence. Sh** happens and a little prep goes a long way. Probably stems from my flying ultra-light aircraft back in the early 80’s and surviving a few forced landings. That’s a pucker moment for sure.

Had that happen last weekend with a Mavic zoom. I will not provide the distance from home point so as not to upset the drone fuzz, but is was a bit of a pucker moment. No hint of an issue prior to, just gone.
I knew the route back to home was unobstructed, so I sucked in some oxygen and started to tap on some buttons for a restart. Had it all back in 20 seconds. It’s happened a few times in the few years I’ve had the DJI products, and probably will happen again. I fly with those thoughts at all times just for that occurrence. Sh** happens and a little prep goes a long way. Probably stems from my flying ultra-light aircraft back in the early 80’s and surviving a few forced landings. That’s a pucker moment for sure.
OMGz you flew BVLOS!! We must hang j00!!

On a serious note. I've been there. Those 20 seconds have to be the longest in your life.

Losing the screen (APP) should have no effect on the flight controls. What device are you using for the display? It could be the APP is a little too much for it.

Geo
Hi my remote has the built in screen as all the v2 models. It's like the device is too slow.

My P4P+ V2 did the same thing when I tried running a screen recorder in the background. I deleted the screen recorder and did a hard reset just to be certain.

Reactions: skyhighfilm

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.