PHANTOM 4 PRO V2.0 IS BACK

Reaction score
I got this message from DJI in the mail this morning? :oops:

dji.jpg

It seems they ship 2-5 days ... Also battery appeared in the shop ... Good news?

I got the email, too. But, I can't really see that they've made any significant improvements. The camera seems to be as before (and on my P4A). Does anyone see anything new and improved and worth the upgrade?

I got the email, too. But, I can't really see that they've made any significant improvements. The camera seems to be as before (and on my P4A). Does anyone see anything new and improved and worth the upgrade?

No it is the "dear old" Pro V2 as it was. But good thing, it is on sales again.

Reactions: Phill2
I would wait before ordering the Phantom 4 Pro V.20. Just got off chat with DJI asking if the new Phantom is Remote I.D. Compliant and they couldn’t answer. They ask for my name and email and will and will let their engineers answer.

Reactions: dronesky
I would wait before ordering the Phantom 4 Pro V.20. Just got off chat with DJI asking if the new Phantom is Remote I.D. Compliant and they couldn’t answer. They ask for my name and email and will and will let their engineers answer.
Add me to the list that would like to know as well

Reactions: skymonkey
All current drones the UK are scheduled for a re-vamp as and when new CAA (UK) rules come into play in July 2020 - All drones will need newly required technology to show whereabouts and identity of owner/pilot tracking facilities . It is unlikely that there will be software up-dates to include these new requirements, and DJI will see this as a marketing opportunity to force operators to purchase new equipment, surely ?

All current drones the UK are scheduled for a re-vamp as and when new CAA (UK) rules come into play in July 2020 - All drones will need newly required technology to show whereabouts and identity of owner/pilot tracking facilities . It is unlikely that there will be software up-dates to include these new requirements, and DJI will see this as a marketing opportunity to force operators to purchase new equipment, surely ?

Just got this yesterday...back from where ? ;)..I cant afford one so it never disappeared
20200109_102207.jpg

In my DJI Go 4 app (Phantom 4 v2.0 and Mavic Pro Platinum menus), it has MC Settings > Remote Identification > UUID, etc., etc... Does anyone know this this could be used for the new FAA Remote ID system in the NPRM being discussed?

In my DJI Go 4 app (Phantom 4 v2.0 and Mavic Pro Platinum menus), it has MC Settings > Remote Identification > UUID, etc., etc... Does anyone know this this could be used for the new FAA Remote ID system in the NPRM being discussed?

At this time I don’t think anyone can truly answer that with any certainty.

Reactions: usairstar
At least we know that for other P4 Pro owners that fresh batteries and parts will be available in the near future. Thanks DJI!

I would think that any of the older platforms that are software up-gradable that use GPS can be updated to comply with the US FAA Remote ID as long as an active Internet link can be established (cell/wifi) as I see this more a function from the app not the AF.
Now if later requiring any anti collision avoidance capability that would be something that may need to incorporate into the AF
So if they require new equipment other than controller/upgrade then I will call BS!

Reactions: andy young

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers