Phantom 4 Pro V.2 vs the new [emoji146]MAVIC 2PRO

Reaction score
Hey!
I allready got the Phantom 4pro v.2. but is there any point with this drone as the Mavic 2 just has been released?? I`m considering to sell this drone and buy a Mav2, because it’s better In every way, it flies longer, it’s faster and the picture quality is at least as good as the the p4 even with more camera functions[emoji41].
I feel I’m sitting with a heavy stoneage drone and I’m regretting that I bought it just some months before this new insane ,hightec Mavic 2 came on the marked[emoji43]

Hey buddy. I feel your pain. Most of the reviews I've seen P4 still has the better camera quality. I'm a big fan of the P4 and change very soon. All I ask is for DJI to update our software in order to have those features. It's just the software that's holding us back now.

Hey buddy. I feel your pain. Most of the reviews I've seen P4 still has the better camera quality. I'm a big fan of the P4 and change very soon. All I ask is for DJI to update our software in order to have those features. It's just the software that's holding us back now.

So what you are saying is that P4 Pro V2 can get all the camera functions that Mavic.2 has with a software upgrade?

Cameras IMO are very similar in stills results. I am prefer the DR from the MP 2. P4 still has a mechanical shutter option, however for stills from a drone, e shutter does a good job. P4 Pro still has more video options it appears 4K 60FS for example.

Lens results are also very similar in aperture ranges, F 2.8 to F 4 very sharp, F 5.6 to F 8 very good, a bit of diffraction, but can be corrected. F11 quite a bit soft at least from my work.

Mavic Pro2 is just a lot more portable for field work. A lot more. For my work, the Mavic would get the nod most of the time, excellent camera.

Paul C

Reactions: Jonas.Sut
Hey guys I just ordered a p4p v2.0 today after watching a lot of reviews about the Mavic Pro 2....and I also had the original Mavic Pro which I sold...for me the phantom seems the better drone all round...

Is it?...[emoji15] As always it has to be tested in the real world to tell.
The specs tells me that it’s at least as good as the Phantom 4 pro?

Last edited:
For a start from what I have seen the build quality..ie parts of the camera gimbal coming unglued and also think it was the bottom legs catching on the body and marking it...not a good start..

One question for both platforms: will they run Litchi?

Not knowing for sure has kept me holding my original P4.
Thanks
Jim
WA5TEF

Reactions: Mike z.
For me the one thing that keeps me with the P4 Pro is the ability to easily hand launch and hand catch it... Here in the UK it is windy most of the time, and that critical moment when the props start spinning, before there is enough lift to get it clear of the ground, but enough to take the weight out of the drone and make it vulnerable to crossing gusts, has caught me out with several drones.
Also I mainly work on dusty building sites and on sandy beaches, and never allowing the drone near the ground keeps the dust and grit out of the motors. I had a Mavic, and yes you could just about hand launch it, if you were very careful.. but hand catching was a big no.. just to risky getting close to the props...
And I love the P4 camera, it does everything I need. Until DJI come up with either interchangeable lenses or a decent zoom, hopefully on the P5 when it arrives... I'll be sticking with My P4

P4 pro still better. Mechanical shutter, 4k 60fps, better stability on high winds, easy to view on air or search for loose aircraft ( just in case ), and for me, better structure with fixed arms. Real radio, not a toy, and on all videos compares about cams, p4 pro haves a most perfect images, clear, not blurry. Its weird, m2 with 10bits, its very saturated, no real world colors. Well, its a diferent segments drones. Portability hobby drone, vs professional big choice. If i could, buy an inspire 2 for shure... hehe

I have the P4pv2 and a Mavic Air.
I bought the p4pv2 specifically for the low light performance and adjustable aperture. I suppose I could sell both and get one do-it-all M2P. But I like my current setups flexibility and quality.
I've always been of the mindset, don't jump to new technology unless you know a problem will be solved for you.
And flying the p4pv2 is so smooth and controllable
Best case, the M2P will be equal in flying and picture and video output.
Now when they come out with a P5 Pro, THAT might suck for my wallet.

Winds winds winds, p4 is the least you can do in high winds...mecha mech shutter is useful for other applications other than photography.

Reactions: keyguitar99
Exactly! I own the Inspire 2 and firmware updates are always holding me back!!

Hey!
I allready got the Phantom 4pro v.2. but is there any point with this drone as the Mavic 2 just has been released?? I`m considering to sell this drone and buy a Mav2, because it’s better In every way, it flies longer, it’s faster and the picture quality is at least as good as the the p4 even with more camera functions[emoji41].
I feel I’m sitting with a heavy stoneage drone and I’m regretting that I bought it just some months before this new insane ,hightec Mavic 2 came on the marked[emoji43]

I’ve got the new Mavic two pro and I have a phantom for pro you might want to think about that yes the Mavic vase better the colors are better but I will let you know that the camera is not as sharp as the phantom for pro no one talks about that but I promise you you can trust me I have a 5K computer and it’s a little soft meaning it’s not as sharp as the phantom for pro camera I do like the new Mavic to it flies really good I wouldn’t say it was very much longer than the phantom for pro as far as battery life I would tell anyone if you can afford to get it go ahead and do it it’s a killer drone but I would not sell p4p

don't jump to new technology unless you know a problem will be solved for you.

AMEN! I bought the P4 V2 principally as a camera, and I still think the whole system, overall, does everything I need.
I refuse to get anxious or mourn because DJI has to pitch its (wonderful) new Mavic birds. Until I run into a circumstance where Phantom cannot provide (such as filming in 360 degrees) then I'd be more likely to move UP to the Inspire 2 than across to the Mavic Pro 2.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31