Phantom 4 Pro Sudden Changes in Video Brightness

Reaction score
I purchased a Phantom 4 Pro on January 09. I have upgraded to the January 11, 2017 release of firmware and performed IMU and Gimbal calibrations at an isolated location on a level surface.

Follows is short clip of video taken at 4K 30 FPS H264. This clip was processed in Premier Pro 2017. What I have notices are sudden and random changes in brightness of the recorded video.

Is this typical of the Phantom 4 Pro?

Donald Barar

It's because you have the video set to auto, when the camera see an overexposed part of the frame it switches to a lower or higher F stop, this causes the effect you are seeing. Put the camera in manual and designate the settings and the won't change and create that effect.
Ok

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It's because you have the video set to auto, when the camera see an overexposed part of the frame it switches to a lower or higher F stop, this causes the effect you are seeing. Put the camera in manual and designate the settings and the won't change and create that effect.
Ok

and while you're at it don't forget to lock down the White Balance too...

Doesn't look like this is from an Auto Camera setting to me. Because what is showing in your piece is not changing much as far as light intensity differences are concerned. Are you sure you were not scrolling your right wheel and changing your shutter speed or aperture as you were panning drone left?

Thanks Spike. These changes in brightness occur when the overall brightness of the scene changed during the pan. I did have the shutter set to S fixing the camera speed to 0.5 the frame rate. I am certain your suggestion will resolve my issue and eager to give it a go. Thanks again.

Donald Barar

Hi K,

I do I was inadvertently adjusting the shutter speed with the right control wheel. I did see these changes in briefness occur several time during the pan. Once going dark to light and again light to dark. However, the change in brightness seemed to occur twice in what I posted. I will try again later to see setting the shutter to manual will resolve.

Donald Barar

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4