Reaction score
As I was driving up the windward side of O'ahu I saw a beautiful sailboat all alone in Kaneohe Bay not far from Chinaman's Hat. I sent my P4P out to say hi and was rewarded with some spectacular video. Enjoy, and please let me know what you think. I'm wide open to constructive feedback from this awesome group!

Fantastic!
I'm new to this, and still deciding on P4P or mavic, but had a few questions
Did you fly around the sailboat manually while keeping camera centered on target, or were you using some sort of mode that allowed you to focus on camera and leave flying to the AC?
What range was the sailboat from you? Have any video signal loss, etc?

It's work like this that has me chomping at the bit to get started!

Reactions: GoLoves
Thanks for the comment. I *wish* I could orbit around a moving object that smoothly! No, I used ActiveTrack in the DJI GO4 app. Once it recognized the boat and began tracking, I was able to use the right stick to perform the orbit. It's really slick and remarkably easy.

As for distance, the bird ended up about 2 miles from where I was standing before I finally brought it home. My southern cheeks were pinched pretty tight the whole way! I was VERY grateful for the extra 2 minutes provided by the high-cap battery. I used Sport mode out and back, and P while on-site. No signal loss at all.

Happy flying (once you get started)!

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Reactions: JayVee

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj