Phantom 4 Pro Range Test EU

My Range Test with p4 standart 8,5 km CE mode
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
You have some big HUEVOS, I fly mine all the time to 7.4 kilometers here in Mexico, but I always return with 15% battery, I can't afford to come back with 5%..

Hey guys, I just tested my P4P today and I only got a range of 2300m. This is all stock and in Europe. I understand the video feed dropping but the video and rc signal got lost at the same time at that distance. The rc signal was full and then 100m later it was lost. Is this normal? There was some trees between me an the drone, but I thought the rc signal was much stronger.

Quick question, switching to 5,8ghz is only for video feed, not rc!? Right?

Hey guys, I just tested my P4P today and I only got a range of 2300m. This is all stock and in Europe. I understand the video feed dropping but the video and rc signal got lost at the same time at that distance. The rc signal was full and then 100m later it was lost. Is this normal? There was some trees between me an the drone, but I thought the rc signal was much stronger.

Quick question, switching to 5,8ghz is only for video feed, not rc!? Right?
5.8GHz is not only for video feed.

For your first question, the fact that your signal is lost about at the same point means that there is some sort of interference at that point. What you have to do is try to change the are you fly and test again. For my P4P, I have an area where if I fly I get disconnections at 2km, but I found a different area where I can fly at a range of 8km. (By the way, try to have visual line of sight with your drone with no trees or other obstacles in between.

5.8GHz is not only for video feed.

For your first question, the fact that your signal is lost about at the same point means that there is some sort of interference at that point. What you have to do is try to change the are you fly and test again. For my P4P, I have an area where if I fly I get disconnections at 2km, but I found a different area where I can fly at a range of 8km. (By the way, try to have visual line of sight with your drone with no trees or other obstacles in between.
Yeah, 5.8Ghz is more sensitive to any trees in front! Better for clear LOS. 2.4Ghz is better for penetrating trees, but generally craps out sooner over urban areas without any obstructions than 5.8Ghz. Had mine out to 4.83 miles with full signal bars a few days ago on Auto 5.8Gz before turning around because of the battery! Just a windsurfer to help. Out to sea, in case the LOS guys are worried about all the women and children I was endangering! :p The fish won't sue!

Last edited:
Okay, thak you for your replies. I'm happy with 2,3km I just thaught it was strange that I lost rc signal. That has never happened to my Thphoon H. Then again I only get about 1,8km with that and then I loose video.

So can you please tell me what the diffrence is between lightbridge and the normal 2,4ghz I have on my Typhoon? Is lightbridge just a fancy name for the same thing? ;)

So can you please tell me what the diffrence is between lightbridge and the normal 2,4ghz I have on my Typhoon? Is lightbridge just a fancy name for the same thing? ;)
Not even close. It's an entirely different system with far greater stability and reliability, over vastly longer distances!

Reactions: Shammyh
If you have range problems before your next flight try to start first the controller and then the bird... [emoji41]

If you have range problems before your next flight try to start first the controller and then the bird... [emoji41]
The order shouldn't make any difference. It either connects or it doesn't. An inadvertent change from Auto 5.8Ghz to Auto 2.4Ghz is far more likely to be the culprit.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers