Phantom 4 Pro Plus V1 drone beeps continuously (not controller) Firmware update stops at 34%

Reaction score
Hello, I was gifted a crash Phantom 4 pro V 2.0 When I turn the drone it self on a red and green light flashes for a few sec and then 2 solid red lights at the same time its beeping continuously. the original owner let the camera hit something and broke off. I replaced the camera it showed up on the remote normal and it seems to respond ok but I tried a Firmware update and it errors out at 34% DJI told me send it in but I would rather fix it my self any ideas I would greatly appreciate it (Remote firmware update normal)

Very possible there may be an internal board that isn’t happy.
A bit more specific info on what you have(p4p V2 plus?) and what you have done to it will help all that are reading this.
Just for reference, a V2 will have a gold DJI sticker on top center of aircraft and the controller will have vent holes in the bottom section.

Thanks for the reply I think it is the V2 I will add pictures if it helps
When i got the drone it had no camera it broke off during the initial crash with original owner
I bought a replacement switched it out and it showed up on the remote perfectly fine
I did the firmware update on both control and drone the control completed put the drone stop at 34%
Here's a video of it

Attachments

• 20210126_185209.jpg
    20210126_185209.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 223
  • 20210130_004645.jpg
    20210130_004645.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 175
  • 20210130_003934.jpg
    20210130_003934.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 153
  • 20210130_004403.jpg
    20210130_004403.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 150
  • 20210130_014203.jpg
    20210130_014203.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 153
You have a phantom4 pro plus V1. Should read GL300 E on the controller. Based on these pictures, this aircraft took a very hard hit.
It is possible that some form of repair will resolve the issue that you’re having, but probably will need more than what you can provide. Do you have the rest of the original camera?

@illistmike80 - As noted, it’s not a V2. WM331A is the model number for the P4P. I believe the V2 is WM331S if I recall correctly.

At least it was a gift and you didn’t pay a V2 price.

@Starz - are the V1 and V2 cameras interchangeable? I don’t know much about P4s, so please forgive me if it’s an obvious answer. I was wondering if that could have stalled the FW update. ?

Reactions: JoBe
Yes, V1 and V2 cameras are basically the same. I have seen a post that mentioned some slight variation of some internal components that were different but didn’t seem to have any real noticeable performance difference. On the above aircraft, I’m thinking there are more issues here than just a camera swap.

Reactions: JoBe and Oso
Thanks you both for replying I really appreciate the help
@Starz No the camera didn't come with it
So what do you recommend I do from here is it worth investing in I know DJI is going to charge a whole lot
and I already put $600 in replacing the camera my initial plan is to get a Mavic air 2 or a Mavic pro 2
should i sell it as is with a need hardware repair with pictures and video or do I send it to DJI for repairs hoping its not to expensive and then sell it
am not interested in the extra cash as long as I can get a Mavic?

How did you do the update? There are two ways, one thru the Go4 app, and two thru a usb cable connect to your computer with the DJI Assistant 2 software (make sure you use the right version), I would suggest trying with whichever one you did not use.

Reactions: Capt KO
How did you do the update? There are two ways, one thru the Go4 app, and two thru a usb cable connect to your computer with the DJI Assistant 2 software (make sure you use the right version), I would suggest trying with whichever one you did not use.
I tried both ways but no sure about the version can you elaborate a lil more please

Since you do have a connection, have you tried an IMU calibration? Usually needed after a crash. If successful, try the update again. I prefer using the PC/USB with the AC but WiFi for the remote.
Good luck and I also use @Droneted.

Do the update again from your laptop, or computer?

Then restart your Phantom 4 Pro V2.0 and do the same thing with the remote control update it from your computer or laptop then restart it

Try it on the Phantom 4 ProV1.0

DJI Assistant 2 Version 2.0.10 is for the Phantom
DJI Assistant 2 Version 2.0.14 is for Mavic
be sure you are using 2.0.10 or it won't even recognize the bird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic