Phantom 4 pro plus maps

Reaction score
Hi all. I know this is a rather old topic now but I cant seem to be able to solve the problem. I have done a factory reset but still have no maps shown in the app. When I choose the map icon on the top left nothing shows. If anyone can help this old man out would be appreciated. Thanks.

Image of no maps
20200426_160045.jpeg
20200426_160101.jpeg

Image of no maps
Since this indicator (see photo) on your + screen is red, is that telling you that your device has no internet access? If so, there’s no way for it to get maps unless they had been cached previously, correct?

Note: No offense intended with my basic question. I don’t have a + controller, so I’m not sure of the indicators.

0CB9C4B4-EACC-4436-BD24-9E96B37FB925.jpeg

Reactions: JoBe and Terrycross
Hi Oso. No problem with the question. My wifi is turned on when the photo was taken. I believe the symbol is for a backward sensing system.

Reactions: JoBe
Swipe down on the top of the screen and see if there is an update available.
I just fixed mine by installing the new update and the map is back.
Hi shamme100. I did all updates but to no avail. Still just a black screen.

Your + remote has built-in GPS, for (follow-me, and RTH to remote) functions. Takes longer for the remote to grab Sats than your AC. Needs clear air if possible.
The remote waits for enough Sats for location to give a map. Does not tell you how many Sats you have so, Keep picking your location (remote, not AC location) for RTH until it says you have ‘connection’. Or just wait and Maps will show up. ?

If at any time you get a request to turn on location service hit YES
And enjoy those cool functions. Better than active track. Imo

Last edited:
Reactions: Terrycross
First off thanks for all the help coming in. So I have been doing all this bunkered down in the back room at night.[emoji2957] I guess my first problem was location. I am currently outside with rc and ac doing a suggested update. Maybe maybe.[emoji1696]
20200427_135221.jpeg
20200427_135242.jpeg
20200427_141020.jpeg

Reactions: Capt KO
I'm trying to do an update on a p4p+ v2 today but am getting an error code. Sent the code to dji support and am waiting reply. [emoji848]
I couldn't decide on standard or plus remotes so settled on both. Good decision, advantages to both. [emoji4]

I'm trying to do an update on a p4p+ v2 today but am getting an error code. Sent the code to dji support and am waiting reply. [emoji848]
for real??? o_O
u just got it working and you right away change the fw? u like punishment i see. :p

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair