phantom 4 pro plus battery

Reaction score
I just got my new Phantom 4 pro plus and charged the battery, but it took 5-6 hours for the lights on the battery to turn off. Note: the 4 lines lit up after about 3 hours, but they did not fully turn off until 5-6 hours. I still haven't flown it, but just worked with the settings and flight stimulator. I just put the battery back into the charger for the past 5 hours and it still hasn't charged fully. Is this normal? Is it taking the rest of you this long to charge the battery that comes with the Phantom? I'm not sure if the battery or charger are faulty. I have another battery, but I haven't charged it yet to see if the same thing happens. Your input would be much appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2603.JPG
    IMG_2603.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 453
From my experience that's a bit longer than normal but in general the long delay at the end is the battery cells balancing, it can take quite a while to fully charge from an auto discharge.
If you got fed up and disconnected it from charging early you can ruin the battery.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

According to the quick start guide, the full load of a Phantom 4 Pro battery time is of approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes and for the RC (I have the Pro version +) the load is 2 hours and 50 minutes

Obviously a charging time of 3 hours is not normal !

Note : when the battery is charged, all leds are off

According to the quick start guide, the full load of a Phantom 4 Pro battery time is of approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes and for the RC (I have the Pro version +) the load is 2 hours and 50 minutes

Obviously a charging time of 3 hours is not normal !

Note : when the battery is charged, all leds are off

The first time my p4p battery charged it took 3-4 hours.

It still hasn't charged fully after 7 Hours!!!

There have been reports of P4P batteries being faulty on delivery. I would contact your seller, or DJI direct to try and arrange a replacement. Meanwhile, try your other battery to see if it behaves the same way.

Hi Shan I think your battery does not work correctly. My first battery charging took less than 2 hours. If your P4P is a new one I think you should send it bzck or buy a new battery. Your battery seem to be deffective and a deffective battery is dangerous for a flight (dont forget the price of your P4P)

Best regards

Sent from my SM-G935F using PhantomPilots mobile app

The first time, the charging time may exceed the manufacturer that can be linked to the cell balancing, or to an update of
The firmware of the EC batteries are 'smart' batteries do not forget and especially unstable!
Be extremely rigorous about their use and follow recommendations on their use

I would contact your retailer and just ask for a replacement, I have seen some videos on YouTube where batteries instantly lose 10 to 20% of their power at the end of the flight because of being faulty and end up losing their drone in the process. The thing that people forget about these birds are that they are just like a regular aircraft, they need preflight inspection and constant maintenance to make sure that they will fly correctly and not fall out of the sky. Would you get into a airplane if there were something wrong with the battery? No way ! LOL

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

In the RC world batteries for the electrics are also LIPO. People here seem to concerned about them loosing power and affecting flight. There is something else more significant.. RC folks normally charge their Lipos in a fire proof bag or something like a .50 cal ammo box. In a RC forum a member lost his garage because a Lipo exploded.I think the Phantom batteries are more sophisticated and smarter but smart sometimes trips and fails. It's not just a lost bird at stake. It could be your home.

Reactions: Isma
Update: It took 5-6 hours to charge, where all the lights on battery light up, then turn off for 1 second and then the charger starts to charge the full battery again. The charger doesn’t stop when the battery is fully charged. The same thing happened with a second battery i purchased.After speaking to my seller about It they said they would send me a new charger. After that i went and turned on the phantom to try out the flight stimulator. When i turned on the phantom, it tried to start up and then the battery flashed once and the devise shut down. It did this will a fully charged battery. Finally, when the camera/gimbal rotates, it makes a very obvious clicking/screeching sound.
I have not flown it and it hasn’t even left my living room, so these things should not be occurring with a new drone. Here is a link to a video that can show you what is going on.

Update: It took 5-6 hours to charge, where all the lights on battery light up, then turn off for 1 second and then the charger starts to charge the full battery again. The charger doesn’t stop when the battery is fully charged. The same thing happened with a second battery i purchased.

As others have pointed out, this charging behavior is not normal. And it looks like you have identified an issue with the charger. If it were me, I would not even attempt to plug another battery into that charger. These batteries are to expensive to experiment with. And the consequences of a faulty charger for LiPo batteries could be catastrophic. I hope you get this resolved quickly so you can get your bird in the air. Let us know how things work out.

Reactions: Isma

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robvalduga