Phantom 4 Pro on a Shelf for 15 months!

Reaction score
Hi,

My local Staples store has the DJI Phantom 4 Pro on sale for $1,800 Cdn.
They have one in stock and I was curious, so I asked the sales person to check on the store's inventory computer list to determine just how long the drone had been on the shelf there.
15 months.
The store received it in February of 2017.

So, here is my question:

Is there any issue if I were to buy this, given how long it has been sitting on the shelf?

I'd be thinking this P4P would be an early production and perhaps the 'bugs' would more likely have been worked out of those that came along later in the production cycle.

Or, maybe there is nothing to that?

Thoughts and comments are appreciated.

Thanks.....

More than anything else if you pursue this ask to replace the battery. That's a long time for a Lipo to sit around and might be dead as a hammer. Possibly the RC as well, I would ask for a discount at the very least. Then it might be a risk with the RC. Just something to think about.

Is there any issue if I were to buy this, given how long it has been sitting on the shelf?
I'd be thinking this P4P would be an early production and perhaps the 'bugs' would more likely have been worked out of those that came along later in the production cycle.
Batteries as mentioned above, would be a concern.
The drone should be fine.
My main P4 pro was ordered the week the model came out and works hard every week without missing a beat.

Thanks for the comments,guys.

I hadn't thought about the battery before.
Of course it would be of concern after having sat idle for well over a year.

Amazon also has the P4P on sale at the same price as Staples.

Much more likely that Amazon would be selling more of them and should have P4Ps that haven't been sitting around for 15 months.

Plus, if I were to purchase it from Amazon and the battery were dead, then, no problem, Amazon would take it back--hassle free.

Not the case with Staples.......if you take the drone home and you open the box, then you have to deal with DJI IF there is anything wrong.

Like a bad battery.

I got one manufactured in October 2016 (one of the first). Works great, no bugs.

Get that battery replaced with a new one and should be fine.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dlr11164