Phantom 4 pro motor clicks when putting propeller

Reaction score
when I add a propeller the spring feels rough and clicks. When you press down and twist it gets stuck half way up then I have to pull it up to lock All the other propellers go down and twist smoothly what can be the problem???

Likely a bad prop if the other prop like it installs normal on the motor you're having trouble with. Did you do that process of elimination? Don't you have another new prop to test with? The craft should have come with extra props. If a matching prop (black or silver) does the same thing on the problem motor, then you have something wrong with the motor clip. Look at it closely with a magnifying glass to figure out what happened to it. I certainly wouldn't fly it until you figure it out.

Reactions: Eagle one 556
Likely a bad prop if the other prop like it installs normal on the motor you're having trouble with. Did you do that process of elimination? Don't you have another new prop to test with? The craft should have come with extra props. If a matching prop (black or silver) does the same thing on the problem motor, then you have something wrong with the motor clip. Look at it closely with a magnifying glass to figure out what happened to it. I certainly wouldn't fly it until you figure it out.

One of my props does the same thing.

One of my props does the same thing.
OK, if another matching prop color does the same thing, there is likely something wrong with the plastic clip mechanism with that specific motor. I suggest you look at it very closely with a magnifying glass, comparing to the motor on the opposite site, to see what might be broken, bent or simply molded wrong, out of tolerance for mechanical fit. It may be the case where the plastic is simply out of tolerance and that's why it doesn't attached smoothly and securely like the others. You can buy replacements for those plastic mounting latches here for $9/pair.

Is this a brand new craft that hasn't flown yet? If yes, did you buy it at a local store where you can exchange the craft, such as Best Buy or Frys?

Last edited:
OK, if another matching prop color does the same thing, there is likely something wrong with the plastic clip mechanism with that specific motor. I suggest you look at it very closely with a magnifying glass, comparing to the motor on the opposite site, to see what might be broken, bent or simply molded wrong, out of tolerance for mechanical fit. It may be the case where the plastic is simply out of tolerance and that's why it doesn't attached smoothly and securely like the others. You can buy replacements for those plastic mounting latches here for $9/pair.

Is this a brand new craft that hasn't flown yet? If yes, did you buy it at a local store where you can exchange the craft, such as Best Buy or Frys?

I should have said that you are correct. The blade I have is bad. It's tight going on either motor and is now setting on my table. I dont feel comfortable using it because you don't get that definitive set in place feel.

I should have said that you are correct. The blade I have is bad. It's tight going on either motor and is now setting on my table. I dont feel comfortable using it because you don't get that definitive set in place feel.
You do have another prop that came with the craft, right? I think you get 2 extra props, maybe 4. You should be all set to fly.

You do have another prop that came with the craft, right? I think you get 2 extra props, maybe 4. You should be all set to fly.
Oh yeah I'm covered on props. I think I have 4 sets. The only thing setting on the table is the bad prop.

I got it maybe 3 months ago about 15 flights straight from DJI website in mail. I tried other prop it came with and the same. When you press down and twist the spring isn’t smooth it feels like it gets stuck half way when you press like there’s something idk can’t really explain it but the other 3 are fine and feel springy lol

I got it maybe 3 months ago about 15 flights straight from DJI website in mail. I tried other prop it came with and the same. When you press down and twist the spring isn’t smooth it feels like it gets stuck half way when you press like there’s something idk can’t really explain it but the other 3 are fine and feel springy lol
You should immediately replace the prop click as mentioned in post #4. That should fix it.

Did it always do this right out of the box, or did this all of a sudden start acting strange?

It sounds like you may have damaged the motor clip somehow, but never the less, just replace the clip and it should be good.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jumperswaves