Phantom 4 Pro + Maps

This is my second P4P+ in as many weeks. I had all sorts of problems with the first one. At first I, and some others on the forum, thought it was just me. However I am delighted to say this current model (touch wood, plastic and anything else) Is working great. Apart from the maps but I will sort that one!

Tap fly, Active track all work as they should. Draw works :) No complaints at all apart from this satellite map business but I will sort it!

Reactions: Omokjoe
:) Sorted. Sometimes the solutions are a little backwards, something I learned with car diagnostics. So I fiddled with the screen on the 'satellite' map view setting. Going wide if you know what I mean. Eventually some Chinese characters emerged. That does not look right! Still no maps or satellite images though. So I went back into settings. Checked the china settings were off. So I turned both of them on. Turned off the drone and the back on again. Once it was back on and back into the drone mode I went back into the settings. Turned the China settings Off. Restarted the remote. Bingo!!!! My satellite maps and images were back!

So happy to report problem solved. I have given up years ago trying to work out why somethings happen on computers I just use my energy to sorting them. Chuffed!:):)

To restore your maps on P4P+, turn on RC (Not Phantom) when it boots up go into the settings tab at top right of screen where the tutorial buttons are, find the factory reset tab and reset it. None of your settings will be lost, it will just reboot the Android device... Presto! Maps are back!
Thank you Menace, got mine back too now!

I tried doing the "Local Update" which said it was version 1.1.3.0 and that hosed everything. My app wouldn't even stay open long enough to fix it. Fortunately, I finally figured out I could swipe the screen and get settings up long enough to update again... I was able to re-update back down to V01.02.00.00 and my remote is operational again. Sheesh! That was a pain in the @ss!

Now I'm updating the P4P to V01.04.0602... Wish me luck.

Last edited:
No luck for me doing the factory reset unfortunately. No settings tab on the top right of the screen on the + RC. They are on the left side. This aircraft is becoming such a pain and only have sent it a handful of times!

To restore your maps on P4P+, turn on RC (Not Phantom) when it boots up go into the settings tab at top right of screen where the tutorial buttons are, find the factory reset tab and reset it. None of your settings will be lost, it will just reboot the Android device... Presto! Maps are back!

Phantom_Menace66, I greatly appreciate your finding and posting this fix for the map problem. I don't know if my maps worked at all when I first got my Phantom 4 Pro+ a week and a half ago, but resetting and erasing the data in the controller did the trick.

Reactions: Phantom_Menace66
This was the single most annoying thing right out of the box for me. Did the remote reset as suggested and upon reboot went into the map management icon on the main screen and lo and behold all of North America showed up so I was able to download my states map. Connected it to the drone and finally maps are shown. Thanks for the tips guys.

Same thing. After most recent firmware upgrade, only China offline maps available, and Chinese symbols on map page. Reset to factory default, and everything is back, including previously downloaded offline map. Upon reset, it will ask you to sign in to DJI GO, and WiFi will be off, so you will need to know how to go into settings to set up WiFi first, by swiping down on the screen from top.

Any updates on this?

I have all the same issues. No maps. Says "Network Unavailable". Some thungs connect such as uploading movies to Facebook etc. But not downloading firmware.

I reset to factory and I have all the same issues plus a few others such as I can't get the controller to Drone connection to update the drone. Says firmware is available, I hook the cables and the "start to upgrade" button is grayed out.

Geeze, none of the issues with the Phantom 4.

This did seem to work for me. Thanks @Phantom_Menace66!

mine finally fixed itself, i had turned on iphone hotspot, i dont think it connected? funny numbers and letters poped up for me to copy and that fixed it, got my maps back. i was at the password page

I have the P4 Pro Plus and downloaded the new firmware yesterday and afterwards all my maps disappeared also. I called DJI and they said to send it back to them and wait 5-6 weeks for the repair !!! They didn't even try to fix it over the phone with me. I managed to come up with the solution on my own (identical to what Phantom_Menace did above).

The customer service from DJI is truly terrible on a level I have not seen in any other company. If all their tech support line is going to do is tell you send it back to them, why even call it tech support ? Word to the wise : If you buy products from DJI, you really need to fix most issues on your own otherwise you will be always waiting for your drone to be sent back from repair and never get to use it.

Reactions: Tommy J 111
When you're in the DJI screen, not drone device screen, the fourth icon is a folding map with nav waypoint symbol. Click that icon to get into "Offline Map Download" / Map Management section.
this seems to have fixed or at least helped my problem, Thanksvripley
If you're looking to enable China Mainland for testing... Go into the device (whether it's on or not). Click the three dots on the top right (settings). Click the bottom setting icon; which is another three dots. Under the Map section you'll see "Enable Amap (for China)" and "Calibrate Map Coord (For China)." When I turn those on, suddenly tons of downloadable maps show up in the front DJI offline map screen.

Please let me know if you see similar issues, and/or if you figure out how to fix it.

Thanks!

When you're in the DJI screen, not drone device screen, the fourth icon is a folding map with nav waypoint symbol. Click that icon to get into "Offline Map Download" / Map Management section.
If you're looking to enable China Mainland for testing... Go into the device (whether it's on or not). Click the three dots on the top right (settings). Click the bottom setting icon; which is another three dots. Under the Map section you'll see "Enable Amap (for China)" and "Calibrate Map Coord (For China)." When I turn those on, suddenly tons of downloadable maps show up in the front DJI offline map screen.

Please let me know if you see similar issues, and/or if you figure out how to fix it.

Thanks!
i downloaded my state but i cant see it, is there another step?

I really like the bright screen, but I really wish you could cache the satellite maps for the area you've viewed the satellite maps previously. Since the controller even allows an SD card for extra storage and also has plenty of storage available in the controller itself, it would be really useful to me to be able to store the satellite images when there isn't cell coverage where I fly. There aren't many roads where I fly so the map doesn't have much detail if I needed to locate my bird compared to the satellite map. So the only way I can have the satellite map is to leave the controller on the whole time from home. If I power it off, the satellite map isn't available (blank) - but I did use the option to download and save the map offline for the whole state I'm flying in.
I downloaded my state but still cant see it, i went back and it says its downloaded, is there another step?

Hi All, I have the same problem with maps on my pro+ also occasionally app crash :(
dont bet on this but i serm to have it.
click on the far right icon, its a partially unfolded map. from there you can download a msp from your state or country, you must have wifi connected to download. takes about 10 minutes.
After download turn controler off for a minute, then turn it back on and be sure wifi is connected click small map in bottom left corner then click layers and then middle map. back out, back to flying screen, cut everything off . Now go to a renote place without wifi and I think you will have road maps with wifi turned off.
My red arrow still points 90 degrees off sometime and within 10 degrees other times?

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4