Phantom 4 Pro + Maps

DJI had me send the aircraft and controller info repair. They claim to have repaired and tested it, send it back, and the problem still exists.

There must be some bug that is impacting some people in certain circumstances. If anyone else is having this problem and you have opened a case with DJI, but have had no success in reaching resolution, please advise you know of another customer with the same problem. My original request # was 395722. I have submitted a follow up which is not request #493959. The "repair" was conducted under case #CAS-431710-F8B3F7.

If you have opened a request with them and you supply me with your information, I'll advise them of the same from my case. Hopefully if enough of us can get them to tie all our cases together they will recognize a pattern and that they have a real bug/flaw they need to address.
Hi....I am in Australia and have never been able to see/cache/whatever any maps apart from the Chinese ....absolutely no help from DJI. Cannot work out if it is a geographical area issue or a controller issue. P4P+

Not sure if this is relevant, but I just received a mass email from DJI that looks promising:

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile....

*color me hopeful*
Hello....any luck with your maps yet?

Is anyone else having trouble with the maps? On the 4+ controller I see my location and the aircraft's location, but no map. It's blank. The controller has Internet access, which I confirm by launching the browser application. But no maps. See attached image.

It's brand new out of the box and has never worked.
I am having the same problem and DJI support has been worse than disgusting. I have also been unable to do the full firmware update because I cannot install the software update on my P4P+ controller. I wish you luck.

After the latest software update on P4P+ found the same problem in Adelaide, Australia.

Can only download Chinese city maps. Beijing map started downloading by accident now I can't delete it. Not happy. Might have to try the factory reset or the software downgrade to previous version but looks like there are no guarantee that either will bring back the maps.
I will wait and see if DJI issues new software to fix problem.......
Hello....P4P+ located in Melbourne with same issue. I did the factory reset...( settings, system settings, backup and reset) which removed the Chinese maps....now if we can figure out what the issue with the rest of world maps is.
DJI has been incredibly incompetent to say the least with my dealings with their "support"team.
I have contacted Here Maps in an effort to have them contact DJI.
p.s. don,t forget to swipe down screen to activate WiFi after reset to enable login!!!

I downloaded my state but still cant see it, i went back and it says its downloaded, is there another step?
island2 said:
I really like the bright screen, but I really wish you could cache the satellite maps for the area you've viewed the satellite maps previously. Since the controller even allows an SD card for extra storage and also has plenty of storage available in the controller itself, it would be really useful to me to be able to store the satellite images when there isn't cell coverage where I fly. There aren't many roads where I fly so the map doesn't have much detail if I needed to locate my bird compared to the satellite map. So the only way I can have the satellite map is to leave the controller on the whole time from home. If I power it off, the satellite map isn't available (blank) - but I did use the option to download and save the map offline for the whole state I'm flying in.
That's all I did when it worked the first time (downloaded the state for offline maps - outline only). I haven't tried it since the latest firmware. I found the map without the satellite view is not of a great deal of use to me here as there isn't enough detail on the map to really show where you are within a mile (small roads missing, only very major ones included, lakes missing, etc.; with the satellite view the structures and paths and clearings are really helpful to identify where it is) So I try to get to a spot with wifi and get the satellite map and then leave the controller on so it stays "active in memory".

Is anyone else having trouble with the maps? On the 4+ controller I see my location and the aircraft's location, but no map. It's blank. The controller has Internet access, which I confirm by launching the browser application. But no maps. See attached image.

Yes it will not display maps. I get a white generic map screen showing home position relative to Phantom 4 pro +. I go online, I select the 1st icon upper left to download maps. The only maps listed are mainland China ?? I type USA, California and nothing is found. What is up with that. Pretty buggy for 1800.00 and using their whats suppose to be an awesome monitor. HELP.

Reactions: gt40pilot
Go to home page on monitor at top there are 4 icons select settings on next page select reset factory settings .

I had the same problem until I followed the suggestion to do the factory reset on the controller screen. After rebooting and logging in to dji I was able to see maps of all three types while connected to WiFi. I was also able to download a plain California map for offline viewing. For finding a lost drone I recommend getting the coordinates from DJI Go 4 and then entering them in another app on your phone or tablet. I use Backcountry Navigator, which has downloadable maps including USGS topo maps and satellite imagery. I agree that DJI needs to let us use the SD card in the controller to store satellite image maps and other high resolution imagery and data. The sooner the better.

Reactions: JanD

I've noticed it has also never worked ... even after updating the RC. But after a factory reset of the RC, it worked.
You even don't need to pair the aircraft to the RC, the connection remains.

I had the same problem until I followed the suggestion to do the factory reset on the controller screen. After rebooting and logging in to dji I was able to see maps of all three types while connected to WiFi. I was also able to download a plain California map for offline viewing. For finding a lost drone I recommend getting the coordinates from DJI Go 4 and then entering them in another app on your phone or tablet. I use Backcountry Navigator, which has downloadable maps including USGS topo maps and satellite imagery. I agree that DJI needs to let us use the SD card in the controller to store satellite image maps and other high resolution imagery and data. The sooner the better.
Also worked for me. Thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj