PHANTOM 4 PRO IN ALTITUDE MODE

Reaction score
I noticed if I switch from p mode while in flight to A mode the drone starts flying backwards and I have no control of the drone until I switch back to P mode. I then did a take off in A mode and the drone again starts it's own flight without control from me.
Any suggestions on what is taking place.

When you say 'no control of the drone' are you saying it's not responding to stick inputs? It's quite normal for a drone to drift in the wind when in ATTI mode but you should still have control.

Have you calibrated your RC? Sometimes a bad calibration may also cause the drone to move on it's own.

I then did a take off in A mode and the drone again starts it's own flight without control from me.
Attitude mode disables GPS positioning. It will drift with the wind. It is however good to practice with it in that mode. Should you ever lose GPS signal for any reason, the aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode.

Attitude mode disables GPS positioning. It will drift with the wind. It is however good to practice with it in that mode. Should you ever lose GPS signal for any reason, the aircraft will automatically switch to ATTI mode.
Yes you are correct. After doing more homework I became more aware of flying in Atti. mode. The thing with what happened to me is I was out of vision site when it switched to Attitude on it's own. Luckily I could hear the drone and managed to get it back by sound and then vision. Any ides what caused the drone to loose GPS and then switching to Attitude?

I noticed if I switch from p mode while in flight to A mode the drone starts flying backwards and I have no control of the drone until I switch back to P mode. I then did a take off in A mode and the drone again starts it's own flight without control from me.
Any suggestions on what is taking place.
Pilot error. I have learned more about Attitude Mode.

Any ides what caused the drone to loose GPS and then switching to Attitude?
There could be several reasons for that. We would need to see the flight logs to answer the question. You can look for yourself if you upload your log to the link below. Instructions are on the link. My initial guess would be a compass error of some sort. The logs will tell you. If you would like others to verify for you, share a link to your log here after upload.

Log Viewer

Reactions: JoBe

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic