Phantom 4 pro controller no longer turns on or charges

Reaction score
I moved overseas roughly 6 months ago and brought my P4P with me. I have not really used it. I used my Mavic though.

I recently wanted to go film some things and have a second drone with me but the P4P controller will no longer turn on unless it is plugged into power.

Is it possible that not using the controller for 6 months destroyed the battery? Is there any hope? I am overseas so can't just return the controller or have it fixed.

When I charge it the lights will come on like it is charging but it never actually charges. The controller can even connect to the drone as long as the controller is connected to the charger.

Please any thoughts?

I'm experiencing a similar problem. I've done some reading and apparently it's due to some shoddy soldering on one of the boards. I talked with a guy at www.dronenerds.com and he said they can do the repair on it for $130. I suggest you look them up, give them a buzz and see if they can help you out. DJI doesn't acknowledge their problem with this and they've stopped production on any replacements. It really sucks that they leave us high and dry but that's just what they're doing. Good luck.

I used a heatgun and was able to re-flow the solder on the charging controller chip and it helped but did not fix the problem. Will be replacing the battery shortly to see if that resolves the issue fully.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20