Phantom 4 pro compass 2 disconnected

Reaction score
Purchased a p4p that has compass 2 disconnected error. Seller made no mention of the error so am not sure when or where the problem started. Worked out a partial refund and kept the drone. Where is a good place to start on getting this fixed?

Normally compass doesn't fail unless landing gear gets a hit or exposed to very high magnetic flux. I suspect it should be a loose connection.

Reactions: Droneted
Normally compass doesn't fail unless landing gear gets a hit or exposed to very high magnetic flux. I suspect it should be a loose connection.

I took the tabs off of the legs and pulled the gimbal and found no loose connections. This was purchased used and was this way when I received it, seller made no mention of a compass error. Maybe happened in shipping. Watching YouTube on replacing the compasses. Looks to be more complicated than I am willing to try.

Decided to tear into it. Looks like a bad repair attempt. One antenna wire was pinched in half and one compass cable pinched flat. Ordered new landing gear, guess I'll give it a shot.

I too had this error after repairing a damaged P4 purchased cheap on ebay...checked all connections and for pinched wires (nothing) suspect the compass2 is shot. I find you can still fly the phantom on one compass (but indicator lights wont flash green). Will most likely buy new landing gear down the track when more funds come available for this very "expensive hobby". cheers

I usually find replacing the legs with new ones and be sure they come with the wires. This fixes most compass problems.

Hi Ted last night purchased new right hand landing gear with compass and wires, should solve issue. cheers

Hey guys, new to the forum.
A similar Problem
- I have a P4 std that for reasons unknown has developed a compass 2 disconnected error. It has not been dropped or crashed recently just left for a few weeks in our initial Covid lockdown. Showing that there is magnetic interference but my mini does not have any problem in the same area, it wasn't doing it previously, any clues?

Hey guys, new to the forum.
A similar Problem
- I have a P4 std that for reasons unknown has developed a compass 2 disconnected error. It has not been dropped or crashed recently just left for a few weeks in our initial Covid lockdown. Showing that there is magnetic interference but my mini does not have any problem in the same area, it wasn't doing it previously, any clues?
A disconnected compass causes the constant magnetic interference warning message to show.
New landing gear should fix the issue.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl