Reaction score
Hey guys I am having this issue while in video mode on the phantom 4 pro plus. The issue doesn’t seem to there while in photo mode. The footage becomes very very choppy (like shown in the video attached) when the drone/camera is moving. Has anyone else had this issue? If yes then please let me know how to fix it.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

If that video directly from the SD card or from your phone/device ?

Yes. This is the actual footage on the sd card.

Have you had any crashes or camera impacts ?
So it doesn't happen when you video while the AC is on the ground ?

Does the gimbal behave erratically when initializing, have you done a gimbal calibration to reset it ?
Are you up to date with the firmware, try a firmware refresh on the AC and RC and even uninstalling and re-installing DJI Go4 ?
Does this happen when you use other phones/tablets ?

Have you had any crashes or camera impacts ?
So it doesn't happen when you video while the AC is on the ground ?

Does the gimbal behave erratically when initializing, have you done a gimbal calibration to reset it ?
Are you up to date with the firmware, try a firmware refresh on the AC and RC and even uninstalling and re-installing DJI Go4 ?
Does this happen when you use other phones/tablets ?
No crashes. Yes the video is choppy even when the AC is on the ground. The gimbal is working properly. The firmware is up to date on both the AC and the RC. I’m using the RC with the built in display so can’t really use any other phone/tablets. No loose ribbon cables in the AC too.

Can the camera be fixed? Or will I have to get the entire gimbal/camera part replaced?

Do you see the choppy video when you are just flying and not recording video ?

What SD card are you using ?

Can the camera be fixed? Or will I have to get the entire gimbal/camera part replaced?
Yes just the camera can be fixed. I’ve used Ted4797 he is a member that specializes in DJI camera/gimble repairs (only needs the bottom shell gimble assembly). Another is DDS DJI Drone Service, an advertiser here. They include shipping and will give a quote.
Good luck.

Reactions: Jim Canada
It looks to me like the ribbon cable may be defective. I see this with aftermarket cables too. Should be an easy fix.

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic