Phantom 4 Pro camera freezing up, glitching.

My camera produces exactly the same symptoms. But it started gradually, in a warm room everything was fine, in the cold 50/50. After the next analysis of the suspension, the glitch became permanent.
It is a pity that they never write about the result of replacing the flexible cable ...
If anyone needs a flex cable diagram from P4P. Some contacts go to "nowhere", I'll compare with the new cable when I get it. Some contacts go to "nowhere", I'll compare with the new cable when I get it. Video defects appeared with this cable, after replacing the motors, it is suspected that the cable was damaged during installation.
The side output of the cable goes to the yaw and roll motors. Interestingly, only two wires are required to control the motors (marked in green)! I2I? And these two wires go only to the camera board.
I found a photo of the cable on the network, where it is clearly visible that the leftmost contacts on TP5.2 (numbers 34 and 35) have a continuation. In my flexible cable, this is not visible, there is thicker plastic. It is the edge that has the risk of getting a defect. And those numbers don't lead anywhere.

Attachments

• Flex cable P4P.png
    Flex cable P4P.png
    57 KB · Views: 61
  • Flex cable P4.png
    Flex cable P4.png
    396.7 KB · Views: 58
Last edited:
final analysis. My camera started to fail in exactly the same way as in the first post after several assemblies and disassemblies of the suspension. The suspicion of a cable defect turned out to be correct. The wiring diagram above is correct. There are unused contacts, this is normal.
The gold contacts in the drone are absolutely not damaged by sea water. (If there is no voltage). But the gold contacts in a separately purchased cable changed color, some became white. It's probably nickel, which is under gold. Just a very thin layer of gold here. And from sea water, a plaque of some kind of salt is formed on top of the nickel. I see it under a microscope. After thoroughly cleaning the contacts, the camera works normally. By the way, to check the camera, you do not need to connect any gimbal motor. That is, do not connect the pitch motor and the end of the BP1 cable. This is convenient, no need to assemble a drone to test the camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT