Phantom 4 pro Battery Mod.

Extra batteries means extra weight and shorter flight time the, I am afraid that the extra batteries juice would be just enough to offset the burden of their weight or may increase 5 minutes at the most

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Extra batteries means extra weight and shorter flight time the, I am afraid that the extra batteries juice would be just enough to offset the burden of their weight or may increase 5 minutes at the most

Is this true? A lot of people seem to be doing external battery mods are they only getting 5mins extra?

Sent from my SM-N9208 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: bacano115
It is true, the battery mod does add extra weight; but to say it only adds 5 minutes of flight time is inaccurate. your bordering more around 12-15 minutes. In the video below a guy had his modded and was able to send it out over 10 miles and come back. 20 mile total distance in roughly 40 minutes. In my opinion, it is worth it, especially if your planning to send it out like 6 miles and back like me.

Reactions: FlyingUser
Though the video above is on a phantom 3, you can expect roughly the same results with the p4 or p4p.

Hey guys was able to fly it out to 3 miles and back had 60 percent battery left

4.5 miles out and still had 68% battery. I hovered for a bit, if I didn't do that I would have had 72 or 73% left.

Are there any mods on the market that just require altering that battery rather than the P4 itself? Would be willing to sacrifice a battery to play around with additional power, but would rather keep the bird clean (and as I'm the UK, would have to ship to the whole thing to someone in the States). Have you seen these DJI inspire mods new easy power adaptor phantom 3 pro/adv Look interesting...

Are there any mods on the market that just require altering that battery rather than the P4 itself? Would be willing to sacrifice a battery to play around with additional power, but would rather keep the bird clean (and as I'm the UK, would have to ship to the whole thing to someone in the States). Have you seen these DJI inspire mods new easy power adaptor phantom 3 pro/adv Look interesting...

Yea I have seen those before. I would have liked to do the mod altering just one battery but my concern was if that if the battery died I would have had to sacrifice another one. That is why I went this route. I honestly love it and don't regret it one bit. I think he did a great job on my drone and I can fly it out a lot further than I did before.

maxxuav do a battery cable mod that tucks in behind standard battery 2min job,no cutting or drilling,you then click in the y cable for the 2 batteries and strap them to the legs.its a£55 for the P4 but they do one for the P3 also

Hi all, 1st post.
Much in the same way the inspire 2 double batteries add fail safe redundancy, is their any legitimacy to the idea that the addition of the battery mod to the P4p and the redundancy of 3 batteries in parallel protecting you from a sky fall due to a single battery failure? That would be reason alone to add the mod. Anyone have a good links for mod info or on performing the mods? Thanx

Please keep us posted, we love to see the outcome. Thanks.

Please keep us posted, we love to see the outcome. Thanks.

Sorry for the delayed response. I've been busy with school. I've also been having issues with my controller. I'll try to get it fixed and accomplish it soon, hopefully.

Any one planning on adding external batteries to theirs? I'm really looking forward to flying this thing next week. Got the boosted fpvlr antenna ready to go. Should be hitting at least 10 miles.
17761ee2e665da1d7940d806e18c87dc.jpg

what batteries are you using / find best i am sending mine to Paul next week

what batteries are you using / find best i am sending mine to Paul next week

I think i have the split 6600 LIHV mah batteries. Its the heaviest one you can put on the phantom. I havent flown the drone in like a year though i may take it out today.

Flying beyond los may be ok in some countries, but if you got substantial flight time increase it might be nice for commercial flights. I would wonder about strain on motors?

Any one planning on adding external batteries to theirs? I'm really looking forward to flying this thing next week. Got the boosted fpvlr antenna ready to go. Should be hitting at least 10 miles.
17761ee2e665da1d7940d806e18c87dc.jpg

This is Phantom Rain. We are in the process of releasing the Phantom Rain Rescue Jackets that are can allow the Drone to float on water do to a crash or early landing on the water. We have been thinking about using the Rescue Jackets as a platform to hide the wires add the extra batteries to the Jacket itself as its locked in. Can you tell me what the extra weight is on those batteries. The Rescue Jackets weigh in at 3 ounces . The Phantom Wet Suit weighs in at 2.5 ounces do you think it might work.

Even just adding 1 extra Battery would be interesting , do they make them in different sizes and or shapes ?

Approved Vendor
Phantomrain.org

P1020047.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20