Phantom 4 pro Battery Mod.

Reaction score
Any one planning on adding external batteries to theirs? I'm really looking forward to flying this thing next week. Got the boosted fpvlr antenna ready to go. Should be hitting at least 10 miles.
17761ee2e665da1d7940d806e18c87dc.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Novel idea! Are you allowing for the extra weight? Where will you mount the extra battery?
Be sure to let us know how it works out.
Jim
WA5TEF

Getting ready to send mine in here within the next few days for the same mod. I'll be very interested to know how it works out for you.

Reactions: bacano115
Just got my p4p back fully modded. Can't fly it today because of the strong winds. I'll take it up next week and post the results.
e916dd7fc3d2b0ef7b87a490b4d47eea.jpg

Hey I am looking for info on the range extender you have on your remote. cannot find on amazon. What is it and is it better than the Itelite extenders? Thanks

Hey I am looking for info on the range extender you have on your remote. cannot find on amazon. What is it and is it better than the Itelite extenders? Thanks

Hey buddy, I have not used the ltelite extenders. The one I have is the fpvlr boosted one. I don't think you can get it on amazon. You can find it on fpvlr.com I did some research on them though and this one has better penetration through trees. You can also get a range of like 10 or 11 miles with this .

Reactions: swedava
Hey buddy, I have not used the ltelite extenders. The one I have is the fpvlr boosted one. I don't think you can get it on amazon. You can find it on fpvlr.com I did some research on them though and this one has better penetration through trees. You can also get a range of like 10 or 11 miles with this .

Thanks man for the response, also I am looking for battery mods also like the one you have on yours. Did you send yours out to get professionally done? Is there a way to do it myself?

Thanks man for the response, also I am looking for battery mods also like the one you have on yours. Did you send yours out to get professionally done? Is there a way to do it myself?

Hey, I sent mine out to Paul Shaffer at fpvcustoms. He is legit man. Very nice guy. I called him like 3 times cause I had questions and he always answers. I got mine back today and the quality on it was good. I would definy recommend him. His website is

DJI PHANTOM 4 BATTERY MOD( NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES INCLUDED) ...INCLUDES PRIORITY RETURN SHIPPING

He also sends you receipts and instructions on how to turn it on with the new battery.

Looks like u have p4p what did they do about the 5.8ghz band? Are u just not using it and staying in 2.4?

Looks like u have p4p what did they do about the 5.8ghz band? Are u just not using it and staying in 2.4?

That's a good question man. When I bought the fpvlr it came with 2 boosters for the 2.4ghz. I looked on all the forums and it looks like that is the standard despite the fact that it has both the 2.4 and 5.8 ghz frequencies. Despite that, I plan on trying to do long range flights so the lower frequency is better anyway because it goes out further. Since it is boosted, I should have good signal. The 5.8 degrades over distance and through trees or fog.

True but my longest flights ever are in 5.8ghz! Dji has the dbi's at 5.8 28dbi ...and 2.4 26dbi. It beats my buddys p4 with fpvlr mod (nonboosted ) and my p4 with itelite... I think i might wait for maxx's antenna hes working on both frequencys supposedly

Reactions: miamijato
Just stock p4p but i can say consistently i do better in 5.8 def get the advertised range. It is pretty awesome. Me and a few guys on this forum thought range was meh...in 2.4 till we tried 5.8 in auto totally caughte off guard with the range!

Reactions: bacano115

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers