Phantom 4 owner in London, Uk. 'How far can I get this going'

Reaction score
Hey everyone, from uk to the other side of the lake. Just a newb here who has owned a drone since yesterday! Now i have spent the cash it's time to have some fun. I have stumbled across some threads with complex information on how to 'mod' this toy. So join me on my venture now from learning to fly the drone onto pushing the limits. Advice and tips are always welcome, and would be good to know of any users here from the uk. Just incase physical help is needed.

Thanks Ash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome to Phantom Pilots! :)

Welcome to the forum hotashes .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Reactions: hotashes
Welcome to the forum hotashes .
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .
This bunch here are the smartest you will find anywhere :)

Does that mean Jeremiah has had influence on some people here from the light created on range/signal penetration lol

So today was fun, fast, and scary. I got a feel for the basics and will need plenty more open flying time to nail the controls. As I was flying all I could think was what if I hit a cable or a tree etc. I started in beginner mode and only let me go within a short range. I then took it out of beginner mode and tested the distance which went ok. I even lost signal real quick and that was scary. All I know is I have lots more knowledge to learn, plenty more flying time to practise and work on which modification I can do so I can use antenna on my car roof and connect to my controller for a much adventurous and distant ride....

Will be having another day flying tomorrow as I now have 5 batteries to use since 2 came in the post today. I'm just charging them as they were 2 bars out the box. I will be turning them on once they have charged and charging them again as I believe this gives them that fully charger status. In the background I'm working on getting some research done with the guys from the other side of the pond (U.S) as I would like to experience being able to fly my drone much further and in my dense locations. I can Tel you one thing this hobby isn't cheap... Also I've been looking at the best place to get carbon props from? Are they worth while? Thanks guys and happy flying.

I've been looking at the best place to get carbon props from? Are they worth while?
No. It would be best to only use OEM DJI props.

I'm in Guernsey - and enjoying this great experience getting good shots and videos. If you need any help let me know

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Thanks for the heads up, I can image be how much fun you have there, help is always in need and always good to pass on. This is me now lol
a0a7489cf7b72cfc208bfb0527fcfc73.jpg

As the thought of flyaway/damage to my recently purchased p4 due to being a novice. I have got the chance to get my hands on a p3 professional with 2 x batteries and a total of 15 hours flight time combined. This is on offer to me at £450, is this a good deal in the uk?

Reactions: Neon Euc
That's a very good deal indeed. Welcome to the forum. I live in London too (near Lewisham) maybe we could hook up and fly around Greenwich park and see who can get to the dome and back the fastest lol. If you want a scary flight then get litchi and use waypoints. It will fly your mission and you Will lose signal. My mission is around 8 mins and nothing more scary waiting for 6 mins with no signal lol. But when it comes back WOW the feeling is amazing esp when you watch the recording back home from the SD Card [emoji4][emoji4][emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Will be having another day flying tomorrow as I now have 5 batteries to use since 2 came in the post today. I'm just charging them as they were 2 bars out the box. I will be turning them on once they have charged and charging them again as I believe this gives them that fully charger status.

When they are charged they are charged. To the extent your turning the battery on and connecting to the charger after full charge has completed and you manage to pump a few extra mah in at best you are reducing the life of the battery.

When they are charged they are charged. To the extent your turning the battery on and connecting to the charger after full charge has completed and you manage to pump a few extra mah in at best you are reducing the life of the battery.
I can not agree more on this. I saw a video where the battery was charged and then it turned off as normal, but the guy turned the battery on and placed it on charge and it charged up even more. So I did that a few times... And I noticed my overall battery life span went from 99% to 86% in the 6 charges that I did using that method. Just charge as normal [emoji4]

Sent from my HUAWEI LYO-L01 using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: hotashes
Good afternoon fellow droners. What a nice day to be flying, however for me it's a family day as I have a 2 y/o son. Family first, toys second (I keep telling myself). Anyhow how many of the people in the uk have done mods on their controller for additional range? I know lots use windsurfers, however I feel there could be so much more range in custom built antenna like MaxxUAV offers. Be good to know who has done any mods and if the items were best purchased in the uk or abroad. Thanks in advance, Ash.

Looking forward to drone flying tomorrow (Saturday) and even better my GL300A controller is on its way so maybe I can test some range. The GL300C will be put into storage until in need an update I guess. The additional bonus other than better power output on the GL300A controller is that it already has the hd panel fitted too. Makes the £145 seem a decent purchase.

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers