Phantom 4 owner in London, Uk. 'How far can I get this going'

Update, today I received controller GL300A yippee. Just got to link it to my craft and then I can have some fun. Also I had a brief fly today in the fog we had here in the U.K. Drone came home as of my orders after 10 minutes and was pretty wet, although I was a little panicked I just wiped it dry and put away. All still seems fine so I guess it can handle a little fog.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
82361779a93fd2cd3ea0afc9bf09086b.jpg

URGENT! Can anybody enlighten me on the MaxxUAV phantom 4 mods as to whether there are new releases due out soon or not? I think I read somewhere on the forum jake/Kyle is working on something special!!!! I am sooo close to ordering the evo kit plus from them, however will feel disheartened if something new is released. Happy flying everyone.

U.K. Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Well, well. Now I must announce I have just gone and spent my life saving ha ha, on the MaxxUAV Evo kit plus. Now this means business, U.K. Skyline here I come. This drone business just costs me money..... Happy flying

Thanks for the useful info hotashes, I'm also in the UK with a recently purchased P4P+ being my first drone. I did fly RC Nitro Helicopters some 15 years ago that make flying this drone much easier. Just wondered why you went for the Plus kit and not the Evolite Kit Max? I'd like to increase the range on the P4P+ but don't think anything is available yet what with it being dual band. Let us know how you get on with your kit.

Evening Philip, welcome. Have you started a thread yet? Moving on, thanks for joining me here and for the record you have much more experience than me even if it was 15 or so years ago. This is my first ever drone. Can I remind you to make sure you set the return to home height at least 20 metres above whatever is the highest point around where you may fly, this is to avoid any self inflicted drone crash. If you need more help getting your head around this I'm sure anybody here with know how can help. So the reason I went for the evo kit plus from MaxxUAV is because I prefer compact and the evo kit maxx is enormous compared to the plus. I have heard that the kit maxx is far too overkill for getting good range as it will never get used to its full potential due to battery life. So I really went for the compact plus kit and added amps in case I need help getting full range. There is a slight secret to the plus as getting the amps will allow me to run external car antenna which I can mount magnetically and connect the cable onto my controller amps to again get boosted range. There is lots to take in I know but from what I've read in other posts this is why I've gone on this path with amps. I would much prefer sitting in my warm car flying my drone rather than standing in the cold with a enormous evo maxx. Also when it comes to packaging up the drone and controller it will be much easier for me to keep the evo plus connected and storing as its good size. That way I won't risk putting stress load on the fittings and they become loose eventually. Well thanks for joining me on my journey. Ash.

Max us VEVO kit plus been dispatched, today received 2x 9dbi omni directional antenna (which eventually go on the house roof). All I looking promising. Some bad news on the horzon today as the BBC are pushing drones into the limelight of the public eye talking about (All drone users MUST have a form of license). I understand their concerns but I guess they will get their way. Anything for the extra pennies.

Getting excited as my MaxxUAV antenna with amps in at Garrick airport now. Came from Luxembourg, should be here before Christmas. I await patiently.

Reminders:
Antenna orientation is important for a good signal. Make sure you're holding the controller correctly. (See video below) Also, nearby WiFi can cause interference (either where you're standing, or where your craft is flying . I shut the WiFi off on my iPad when I fly. I find it helps with video range.

On satellites, I'm not too sure what 'kinda low' means. How many satellites are you seeing? Note that if the number of satellites gets to a point where P mode won't work anymore, it will switch to ATTI and let you know.

On video.. There are two sources of video. Are you looking at the video saved on your tablet or phone? Or are you looking at what is saved on the MicroSD card. What you see on your device is only 720P. If you're recording 4K, you need to get it off the MicroSD.

maybe we could hook up and fly around Greenwich park and see who can get to the dome and back the fastest lol
If you do that you will be breaking every UK Drone Code and I'm led to believe there are signs saying you can't fly drones in 'Greenwich Park' which read:

"The flying of drones or model aircraft in the park is prohibited. By order of the Secretary of State."

If you do that you will be breaking every UK Drone Code and I'm led to believe there are signs saying you can't fly drones in 'Greenwich Park' which read:

"The flying of drones or model aircraft in the park is prohibited. By order of the Secretary of State."
Secretary of state? That sounds American. I'm on about the greenwhich park in London, England

Neon Euc

Reactions: hotashes
The UK uses the term Secretary of State for a number of Government Department Heads and Greenwich Park comes under the jurisdiction of The Royal Parks Management and drones are not allowed.

Reactions: hotashes
I have my fireworks to celebrate the new year, and just preparing my phantom so I can capture video footage. Should be interesting..... Happy new year to my fellow droners 2017

U.K. London Side pushing the Phantom 4. Peace

Reactions: Neon Euc
Looking for advice. Can anybody please advise me if it is safe to power on rc if antenna not connected? (I use MaxxUAV itelite). I haven't done it but wasn't sure!! Also on the itelite the ports are 1&2 is port 1 transmission side? Lastly, as I have boosted sunhans which order do I power on the controller/amps? I know I've seen these questions answered however memory loss is an age thing lol. Happy new year folks.

Not been able to nail some flying time as I'm doing studies for work. Always the way!!!

Just thought I would ask to see how many uk people here have done controller/UAV modifications. As you will find in my comments previous I have done the MaxxUAV mod. Be good to hear of anyone.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1