Phantom 4 or Mavic Pro for real estate footage

Do prop guards on the P4 reduce its collision avoidance?
You don't want collision avoidance enabled indoors IMO, it restricts too much in close quarters. The props guards are insurance against bumping into things, however I rarely bump into things because the VPS works so good. This takes practice of course to fly indoors with guards. I rarely fly indoors anymore, now that Osmo is out. It's easier, safer, quicker and more versatile, IMO. If you want to shoot real estate, you really need an Osmo+ for indoors.

Two others on this forum site have said yes. Do you have a P4 with guards and user experience?

You don't want collision avoidance enabled indoors IMO, it restricts too much in close quarters. The props guards are insurance against bumping into things, however I rarely bump into things because the VPS works so good. This takes practice of course to fly indoors with guards. I rarely fly indoors anymore, now that Osmo is out. It's easier, safer, quicker and more versatile, IMO. If you want to shoot real estate, you really need an Osmo+ for indoors.
I'm worried about P4 landing tip over.

Two others on this forum site have said yes. Do you have a P4 with guards and user experience?

Not sure if you are asking me because you didn't quote anyone but I have aftermarket prop guards and they do not cause any problems with collision detection. I have over 100 flights this way. I recently felt comfortable enough with my flying skills that I no longer use them or the collision detection system.

I use a P3 advanced for property photography, no video, just stills. I'd like to do video but for now my clients are only requesting stills which suits me as I have no background in video editing. I really like the Mavic from what I've seen on youtube, but after damaging two props on ground level takeoff on my P3A (tipped over due to no gps available because of reported metal nearby, where none was evident?) I will never take off or land without hand releasing/catching. The P3 looks like it's much easier to do this than on the Mavic. On another point, there is no way I would fly ANY drone inside a clients house, that's just asking for trouble and not worth the money you're charging versus the compensation you're going to have to pay for any damage!

Not sure if you are asking me because you didn't quote anyone but I have aftermarket prop guards and they do not cause any problems with collision detection. I have over 100 flights this way. I recently felt comfortable enough with my flying skills that I no longer use them or the collision detection system.
Thanks. That is what I'm hoping to hear.

I say/went with the Mavic because with the phantom's wider FOV its harder to really make the target/house the center of attention. For real estate photography, you want to make the house the center of attention; not just a wide screen pano of the whole block.

Other benefits of the mavic:
-Easier indoor flying in tripod mode....possible to get some amazing shots inside the house.
how about just use a camera inside the house on a tripod. As a commercial drone operator, i wouldnt risk flying inside a house and our insurance company might turn down a claim if you happened to damage anything.

for our real estate footage we either use the inspire 1 pro or phantom 4. Keep in mind with the wider FOV ya can get the entire house in the shot at a closer distance keeping in mind that you cant be flying over neighbours houses and streets.

Yes phantom 4 would do a better job in my opinion, I'm still waiting on my Mavic to come in, but from all I've seen of the Mavic I think that the P4 would work best, it does for me

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4