Phantom 4 Litchi Phantom 3 Adv. Flying Syncronized Way Point Missions

Magnum, totally beautiful, that was the kind of video that would inspire me to write, I could see a king and his knights riding out of the castle
and into the misty hillsides... Great Job ! I had some friends many years ago from Scotland , they came over here with their parents as young boys and their father was a baker by trade. He always wanted to go home and never got the chance, His name was Russell Branden, he has now passed so in some small way, he made it home........ God Bless
SteveP55

SteveP55 I have had my P3 sit "locked " in a hover a few times with litchi I don't know why it does it although it has never lingered long enough for a low battery decent .
I have also had a RTH mid mission out of range with 65% battery remaining on return ??

Hi The Springs,
Maybe it was just a glitch ? I don't know, but I'll tell you standing below it 30 feet in the air and out of reach as the battery drains and can't do a single thing to control it scared the you know what out of me. I tried everything I could think of and Nothing worked, So I see that you've had this happen to an extent, If I knew how to handle this situation I'd feel better about flying it again, But I have no Idea what happened or how to check the flight data on the drone to see if it shows something, so you could know what caused this type of glitch... you know.
Now every time I go out to fly with my P4 using Litchi I'm going to be wondering is this the time it's going to pull a glitch when I'm way out of sight and don't know exactly where to try and retrieve it. and lose it ! that's what scares me to death. If you figure something out about this please feel free to let me know.
Thanks The Springs, Take Care
SteveP55

Hea Guy's,
I contacted Litchi support about this problem, let's see if they give a crap about this, I hope support is better then DJI ?
I'll make a follow up post if I get a response from them ?

Hi Steve,hope they get back to you with an answer.i must admit I've only really had one glitch with litchi,apart from disconnection cases...my mate and I were in our usual flying field and I was messing about with the active tracking,all was going well as it was following me around when all of a sudden it lost me,the aircraft started spinning around and the gimlble was going up and down searching for me,but it spotted my mate and immediately raced to him,he saw it coming and ran to safety,I quickly put it into gps mode and took full control of it...lol

Hi Magnum,
Now that sounds scary ! it reminds me of lost in space where the robot was waving his arms and yelling "Danger Will Robertson Danger"
Yea I hope support responds to my e-mail, I went out it flew the P4 today for a couple batteries , first a very short mission for a test, then a longer mission of 1.9 miles and performed perfectly and without flaw. I didn't feel confident enough to trust it to fly another follow the leader yet LOL, we'll see maybe next time out we'll try another follow the leader? Man your lucky where you live, the scenery is awesome, here same old garbage, corn fields, and some parks and few lakes, but the problem there is they are state parks and I'm sure state wild life cops would get on us if we tried to fly out there. Illinois sucks... We might move though up to Wisconsin that is a beautiful state forests and lakes galore.
Thanks for sharing that episode with me, it's funny now but I'm sure it wasn't fun at the time LOL
Take Care Magnum talk to ya soon.
SteveP55

This is where I live...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Reactions: The Springs
Gas pipeline through our place. It runs next to a fibre optics cable as well. We don't have access to either .$100K fine if you accidentally dig up the fibre optics ! No fine if you dig up the gas line only certain death:)
If I had been more confident with Litchi then I would have plotted a path low along it.

Reactions: magnum
This is where I live...
Hi Magnum,
I got an e-mail from Litchi support about that total loss of control of my P4 the other day, they said even if the app froze up, I should have still had complete control of the P4 through the RC, but I didn't, so he thought that the problem more then likely had to do with the DJI firmware ? I don't know but I did down load all the flight logs from the DJI Go 4 app and the Litchi logs,
So now I need to figure out how to view them... maybe in the next day or so I try to figure it out. He said there would probably Litchi wouldn't have any info on the this problem.
Anyway we'll see, Wed. I have to go to the VA hospital for surgery,
Take Care
SteveP55

Hi steve,thinking back a few months ago I recall a strange experience,I had just flown a successful litchi mission and had landed.i changed to the dji go app and took off,the aircraft started going up and down and rotating,I quickly selected the p mode and landed.i closed the app only to find the litchi app still running in the back ground I closed it and switched to the dji app,took off and all was well.before using either the dji or litchi all make sure the other app is closed,I think this might have happened in your experience.i suggest you fly a short litchi mission round a field at say 5m high and see how it goes.if all goes well I'd try a more longer mission .if this goes well I'd fly the mission you originally flew.just make sure whatever app your flying with the other is closed.hope your surgery went well and your out flying soon..let me know how you get on.

I agree .My strange RTH was after I opened the Altizure 3D mapping app then closing it to switch to Litchi without "Force Stopping " it in settings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers