Phantom 4 Litchi Phantom 3 Adv. Flying Syncronized Way Point Missions

Well Guy's, I did the follow the leader Litchi way point mission today, a little disappointed though, even though both the P3adv. and the P4 were on the same mission the P4 kept turning left and then the P3adv would disappear from the cameras view? and it seemed like the P3adv was making wider turns then the P4, I tried it twice with the same results, I'm thinking, what if I had the P3adv do the way point mission and put the P4 into active track fairly close in range and slow the P3adv speed down if I'd get a better result? If you have some suggestions Please feel to give me some advice. Here is the video of this failed mission.
Thanks SteveP55
Link:
https://youtu.be/RtI113EAkfk

Well Guy's, I did the follow the leader Litchi way point mission today, a little disappointed though, even though both the P3adv. and the P4 were on the same mission the P4 kept turning left and then the P3adv would disappear from the cameras view? and it seemed like the P3adv was making wider turns then the P4, I tried it twice with the same results, I'm thinking, what if I had the P3adv do the way point mission and put the P4 into active track fairly close in range and slow the P3adv speed down if I'd get a better result? If you have some suggestions Please feel to give me some advice. Here is the video of this failed mission.
Thanks SteveP55
Link:
https://youtu.be/RtI113EAkfk
Try the hangar AutoPilot app with Both AC entered into Airspace- you can run AC1 on a mission with AC2 following AC1- the only requirement would be that both AC are within controller range.

Can you put your mission on the litchi mission hub and I'll have a look at it....I think it might be difficult to use the tracking mode as the phantoms are small and they'd have to be really close.

Can you put your mission on the litchi mission hub and I'll have a look at it....I think it might be difficult to use the tracking mode as the phantoms are small and they'd have to be really close.
Hi Magnum,
I already have it on the Litchi hub, that's how I made the mission, so how do I make it so you can view it?

I'll need to look for it in the discovery section,I'm assuming your in America?

It's ok I've found it...is that the mission for the lead phantom?..I'm asking because you have a poi set...in the mission for the following phantom I'd make sure my heading was set to "auto"...that way youd keep the lead phantom in sight..the two phantoms were too far apart..I'd set them much closer then when I started the mission I'd manually hold back the lead phantom till the following phantom was close enough.

Hi Magnum, is the heading for each way point to be set at 0 degrees? I don't see where I can set the heading to auto in the settings? and I deleted the POI also. Something weird happened yesterday at the end of the mission I had my friend bring the P3ad down so it was out of the way of the P4 following, Then I switched the P4 into GPS mode to manually take over and bring it down right, well all of a sudden the P4 started to go straight up , then moved forward by one of the trees and just hovered, it would not let me do anything, couldn't bring it down, forward, backward take it up Nothing, I tried to close out Litchi and reopen it still nothing it was like it was locked there, Finally the battery got down to like 3% and the P4 descended and I raised my arms and caught it safely, Talk about strange, never done that before. Here is the Actual Mission name "Searls Park Follow The Leader Mission" in case you need that to make sure it's my mission, and yes I am In the USA
Thanks Man

Last edited:
Try the hangar AutoPilot app with Both AC entered into Airspace- you can run AC1 on a mission with AC2 following AC1- the only requirement would be that both AC are within controller range.
Hi With The Birds, I might give that a try after I learn a little more about Litchi , I think the main problem is my lack of knowledge of the Litchi app, I will keep your suggestions in mind though, Thanks With The Birds !
SteveP55

Hi Steve follow these steps..
1.open litchi
2. Select waypoints
3. Select the settings icon...that's the one just above the play icon on the left.
4 a window will open,select "auto"
5. Scroll down that window until you see gimlble
6. Select "disable". This will allow you to adjust the gimlble in flight.
7. Close window

That's your settings set.
When I flew my mission I calculated the gimlble pitch to be -18 degrees which worked out well...but you'll be able to control the gimlble manually as you fly.

Hi Magnum,
Thanks, but the window that you say will allow me to select "auto" I don't see it, So I did a screen capture of the Android screen as I go through the Missions settings so you can see what I'm seeing. Just a 1 + minute video, see what I'm doing wrong ?
Thanks For All Your help magnum, Screen capture of my Android Device on Way Point Mission Settings : Link:
SteveP55

IMG_0280.PNG
IMG_0282.PNG
this is how mine looks on the ios system...basically your head towards next waypoint is the same as my auto

Ok, Thanks magnum,
Cool, that means as long as mine is set towards next way point it should be good, I fly my P4 with my iPad mini 3 tablet and the P3adv. with my Android phone until I pick up another iPad mini 3 or 4. Did you read earlier about what the P4 did right when my mission ended, I switched to GPS mode to bring the P4 down and all of a sudden it went straight up just above the trees then forward to the trees and hovered, It would not do anything, I tried to go forward no go backwards no go up No Go, down No go, just sat there hovering while franticly tried to figure out what was going on with it, I closed Litchi, reopened Litchi and nothing, I switched to DJI GO4 and no connection, I'm thinking if this thing moves just a foot more it will hit the tree, so we sat there waiting to see what happens helplessly , as the battery level was being eaten up, finally when the battery reached critical levels the voice said Descending, and I got underneath it with my arms up in the air and caught it when I could reach it, No damage , the battery level was like 3% left. It has never done this... I have no idea what even caused it either, thank God it didn't decide to do this out on the way point mission, I would've been really screwed....SCARY. I don't know what files I would need to look at to see what happened. Any Ideas ?
Thanks magnum for all your help and understanding, I will try another Follow the leader mission again soon and see what happens with different settings.
Thanks
SteveP55

this was the end of our mission...the first time we tried the mission we were too far apart so i threw the mode switch into gps mode and the phantom stopped immediately,,i had full control over it and brought it home.this is what should have happened to you.

Hi Magnum, Wow, that was scary ! I bet you guy's were Shting your pants , I would've for sure, LOL
Mine would do nothing from the RC almost like it had a mind of it's own, my GPS mode did absolutely nothing, just had to wait until the battery got to critical level then bring its self down, I just hope this was a glitch and not a possible reoccurring problem I might have again ? Imagine it 2,000 feet away and did this, I don't know how I would even find it ?
Cool videos but scary !
Thanks Magnum
SteveP55

Hi Steve..keep me posted on your next attempt..hopefully it was just a glitch you experienced...[emoji106]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav