P4 Firmware Phantom 4 Last Upgrade

Reaction score
Someone has some knowledge about the problem with the firware of the Phantom 4 (regular) ? If DJI take action of it or some notice from them saying for when is the solution? Right now iam using the previous version because i have to downgrade the firmware.

THANKS

Reactions: pivotpoint
I have also been having issues with my P4 firmware upgrade how did you go back to the earlier version?

I have the same problem also, controller is updated but bird isnt and wont. Keeps flashing yellow lights on drone and fast red green on controller

Called DJI today for support on Phantom 4 drone I just purchased. Having problem with the app dji go4 not offering the to name the aircraft or camera button showed on youtube. Thought I screwed up registering but the tech told me I did nothing wrong and there's something wrong with the app and their working on it! Told me to try again in a few days! Bought a used Ipad mini 2 with 32gb wi-fi and cellular in perfect condition on ebay. Called DJI and they recommended it. This is my first drone and it's frustrating that for days I've been trying to connect and setup this machine so it works properly. Starting to think I own a boat again and throwing my money into the water. Ordered 6 Polar Pro filters,2 new 30 min. batteries,2 lighting cables, 2 32gb extreme micro cards and CasePro airline approved carry on bag! Can't even start any updates on either bird or controller.! Will work further with my son who has more knowledge with computers this weekend. Also called a DJI repair store in Brooklyn NY and they said they would check it out for me. If I get this bird flying I'll never update any new updates that will throw a bone into it. Didn't think I'D be troubleshooting something new out of the box!.

Same here, brand new phantom 4 I cannot use but I picked up a used phantom 3 pro and bought an ipad mini 4 this past weekend for work and it is a blast to fly and it works flawlessly. Havent had time to call DJI on the 4 yet but thanks for letting me know they are at least aware and trying to fix the problem.

Slugger, From what I been getting from all the post that a new app screwed up everything and it's been going on for months! Not likely to be fixed soon without some pressure on DJI! Make that call and give them some love!

I made the stupid mistake of upgrading my P4 on vacation this past October,
My P4 is almost useless.
Im in the process of learning how to downgrade in hopes of fixing my
P4 paper weight.

Gregg, You might try to find a drone shop that repairs DJI's in your neck of the woods. !I bought mine a week ago from Beach Camera as an open box deal with no warranty for $675! Bird looks brand new and looks like it never left the ground. There were 15 and they sold them in 2 days! Going to a drone store in my neck of the woods for them to check it out! Could be a problem trying to return it with the online policy. Good luck and give me a feed back if you find a fix! Will also do the same. Mike

Hey Mike,
I downloaded DroneZBreak and have a site (Index of /) with previous
firmware downloads, when I get a chance I going to attempt to downgrade the firmware and see
how she flies.
We will see.

This is the solution for p4:

1) Install DJI GO App from Apps store, launch app (not the GO 4 app)

2) Select P3 Pro as aircraft , using the 3 dashes at the top right of the app press and hold for 10s or so. A new screen appears showing suggested current firmware of RC. Scroll down to firmware 1.6.0 select "Firmware Refresh". Wait for it to install then close the app and shut off RC.

3) Reboot RC, after a new minutes on shut off RC

4) Open up DJI GO, Select P3 Pro and press camera (have the lightning cable connected to RC and iPad/iPhone).

5) Once in main screen with telemetry info wait a few minutes and press the Left upper area just next to the DJI logo saying "No xxxxxx connected " in red, this will take you to the Aircraft setup screen.

6) There you will see a warning message triangle, press this area and it suggests upgrading the firmware as you have 1.6.0 installed and the latest is 1.9.3

7) This started the firmware download and then with lots of beeps and blue flashing light the upgrade was a success.

8) On completion it will tell you to reboot the RC. At the same time I closed off the DJ GO App.

9) Reboot the RC again.

10) Turned on P4 and launched DJI GO 4 App.

Yeah, sure, As I see a lot of people has the same issue. It looks the problem is with the rc firmware, the drone can have the latest one.

Ok,
So once complete Im looking for the RC to be on firmware 1.9.3 ??

This is not a reply but a question.

I am looking for some help. I have a Phantom 4 not the Pro version and have not updated the firmware for quite a few months now. I use DJI GO 4 app which is up to date.

I started the craft yesterday and got firmware upgrade warnings for the craft and controller. I have seen so many negative comments about upgrades but I probably need to do this soon. I have Assistant 2 on my iMac and so will connect the craft to that and update the controller via the app and my iPad.

But which order do I upgrade and restart them?

Reactions: pivotpoint
Hello Babbacombele... DJI screwed this up...

Danielk’s procedure works... just leave the done off, and don’t turn on the drone until step 10.

Once the RC is updated (as if it is updating a P3)... turn on the P4... the P4 app can then update the P4 drone.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic