Phantom 4 landing gear replace

I tried that but I can't get the top part to go back in. The tab won't let it go in. (small hole)
IMG_2031-1.JPG
IMG_2030-1.JPG

Lift up on them and push in. You'll notice that there's a little tab on there that you have to mate into the very small hole.
Thanks, I posted a pic in the next post. I'm afraid if I push to hard I'm going to break the little tab in the top that goes in the small hole that you're talking about.

Be careful when you press the black connector back down because it will break if you're not careful! I know I had one to break with me while I was doing my shell replacement.
Thanks, I don't think we're talking about the same thing. I don't have a black connector. I posted a picture of the little cover that I'm talking about.

ok with it sitting upright like you have it now take you a thin bladed knife or something and push down while pushing in with your finger and it should pop into place.

Has anyone managed to clip these landing gear covers in? I just bought replacement landing gear and am having massive issues trying to fit the covers. I've tried the suggestions above and can't seem to get these covers on at all.

Has anyone managed to clip these landing gear covers in? I just bought replacement landing gear and am having massive issues trying to fit the covers. I've tried the suggestions above and can't seem to get these covers on at all.
They go rt in... just flex the landing gear to the outside enough to open up the slot for the cover to pop into.

They go rt in... just flex the landing gear to the outside enough to open up the slot for the cover to pop into.
In trying to get the covers in, I think I've squashed the protruding tabs which is why they're not going in. I think I'll have to either bore out the hole or use a knife to shave some of the tab to get it to fit in the hole. Those covers are frikken annoying.

Edit: Managed to fit the covers on by shaving the tabs a little with a blade to make them thinner and they snapped in. Also, you need to bend the legs outwards while pushing the covers on in order to get them to fit.

Last edited:
Reactions: Turbomania
In trying to get the covers in, I think I've squashed the protruding tabs which is why they're not going in. I think I'll have to either bore out the hole or use a knife to shave some of the tab to get it to fit in the hole. Those covers are frikken annoying.

Edit: Managed to fit the covers on by shaving the tabs a little with a blade to make them thinner and they snapped in. Also, you need to bend the legs outwards while pushing the covers on in order to get them to fit.
Glad you got her back together!!

Reactions: gyrex
Speaking of the wire and screw covers.....
I need a set (4) of them. I contacted DJI for a part number, 9 emails later and them wanting purchase date info, serial numbers, date of birth, etc....I gave up. Other than buying a whole set of landing gears to get the covers, anyone have a spare set or know where to get them without buying the whole package with new landing gear legs...part 26?? Thanks.

Reactions: JASKJosh
Thanks for the info. Anyone know what these parts are called and where I can find replacements for a Ph4pro?
upload_2018-1-8_20-22-21.png

DJI wouI'd not sell or send me a set. They wanted to vertify purchase dates, ownership, and to send the P4 in for the repair. If you find a place, let me know!

Reactions: JASKJosh
Just to confirm, my reply from DJI:

"As of this writing, Please allow me to verify some information.
1. What happened to you drone?
2. We cannot ship any parts, the best thing we can do is for repair."

The search continues...

Just to confirm, my reply from DJI:

"As of this writing, Please allow me to verify some information.
1. What happened to you drone?
2. We cannot ship any parts, the best thing we can do is for repair."

The search continues...
Been there, done that. Pretty crazy if you ask me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20