Phantom 4 issues

Reaction score
I bought a phantom 4 through Amazon. I updated the firmware and now I can not start it with the rc. If I push auto take off it goes up and hovers but the joysticks won't let me fly it up or down or any direction forward and backward. It won't let me manually land but if I push the auto land it lands. I am at a loss. It did work out of the box originally.

Re link the rc to the drone per the manual.

P3 Manually Bind Remote Controller - Phantom Help
I bought a phantom 4 through Amazon. I updated the firmware and now I can not start it with the rc. If I push auto take off it goes up and hovers but the joysticks won't let me fly it up or down or any direction forward and backward. It won't let me manually land but if I push the auto land it lands. I am at a loss. It did work out of the box originally.
I checked and did a link and it still has the same problem.

Re-install the firmware on the sd card and then put sd card into drone. Could be a chance that the controller or drone may have updated on a firmware which is ahead of the other.

Neon Euc

Try to calibrate RC sticks and check if there was an issue there.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Re-install the firmware on the sd card and then put sd card into drone. Could be a chance that the controller or drone may have updated on a firmware which is ahead of the other.

Neon Euc
Hi neon. Is there a link to find of that firmware of p4 to load directly to the Sd card without going through Dji go or dig assist.

Same thing happened to me , it was due to calibrating the controller. I had started the process bUT didn't finish. So it took off , hovered , and then landed eventually. Make sure the controlleresume screen is mimicking your movements when you calibrate.

You said you updated the firmware, I take it you did the bird and the controller yes. If that's ok then as others have said try re linking the controller to the bird then turn off and then restart them both to reboot it

You said you updated the firmware, I take it you did the bird and the controller yes. If that's ok then as others have said try re linking the controller to the bird then turn off and then restart them both to reboot it
Thanks. I will try that tommorrow

I have been flying a P4 for a few months. When i started it up a few days ago the remote controller light went green when I switched the drone on. I can fly ok, move the gimbal with the rc (so I think the plane and controller are "connected"). But the DJI GO app says, "Disconnected" and FPV doesn't work (no live image on my tablet). Today I tried updating the firmware on the rc and aircraft but no joy. I've tried sulking, kicking the cat and beating up my wife but nothing seems to work.
Any suggestions of how to get back to Happy Days please?

/edit
I connected my mobile phone (instead of a tablet) to the remote controller. This seems to have fixed the problem, I swapped back to having a tablet on the rc and everything works fine.
Odd.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
argues