Phantom 4 high wind alert.

Reaction score
Hi, im new here but is my 3rd DJI Drone and i never seems this alert.

When the alert popup.. the aircraft was 121m of high..

Can somebody explain me ?

Next time what can i do ?

Is true if I select speed mode i can have more control of the aircraft in high wind velocity?

Thx.. Angel..
IMG_1509300432.875675.jpg

IMG_1509300452.910574.jpg
d0b8208952173a4bb0f83343126a5704.jpg

This happens when the hardware detects that the Phantom is needing to compensate for.... high winds. How to prevent this? Don't fly in high winds.

I use UAV forecast app and set wind speed at 22mph at 200ft if the app says it is higher than that then I don't fly. The P4 seems very stable at that wind speed and below.

Reactions: angeldelarosap
is my 3rd DJI Drone and i never seems this alert.
Can somebody explain me ?
Next time what can i do ?
Is true if I select speed mode i can have more control of the aircraft in high wind velocity?
It's new and you'll see it a lot because DJI have set it to show whenever the software detects a wind of 7 m/sec or higher.
7 m/s = 25 km/h = 15 mph so it's not particularly strong.
You should already be aware of the wind strength and direction before you fly.

Hi all I get the high wind all the time, this has only started after the new update so does this mean they have lowered the wind fresh old ?
its really annoying, I have been flying quads for a number of years and I know when not to fly wind wise, this happens even on calm days

I got HIGH wind warnings one day, seemed OK, but stayed close. Then I got a new one, EXTREME wind warning! I turned downwind back to me and the P4P went past with neither myself or the eifevsaw or heard it. The display said it was going away, I stopped, turned it around until RADAR showed pointing to home, had to fly max speed to get back.
Hand catch with a lot of buffering, got it down as the winds INCREASE in speed and we put things away.
I no longer ignore the warnings, I bring it back, switch to ATTI mode and check drift speed, before continuing to fly.
Used to have and old saying, "Better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air, wishing you were on the ground!":)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.