Phantom 4 FireBridge Technology

The bracket holding the antenna to the RC looks like it will swivel down. maxxuav antenna bracket will not and is all metal and you need no tools to remove it from the RC. This antenna may work but the mount is so very very cheap.

What I'm curious about is if I should purchase the fire bridge technology controller upgrade for my Phantom 4 or just sell my P4 and purchase something bigger like a inspire1 or 2. Is it obvious ? should I just go with the whole drone upgrade. Or purchase the controller upgrade ? I mean the difference in price isn't very far.

What I'm curious about is if I should purchase the fire bridge technology controller upgrade for my Phantom 4 or just sell my P4 and purchase something bigger like a inspire1 or 2. Is it obvious ? should I just go with the whole drone upgrade. Or purchase the controller upgrade ? I mean the difference in price isn't very far.
The Phantom4 can benefit from a used Inspire 1 controller, GL658A or GL658C. You can usually find those used on ebay for $200-$300. You'll get much better range and signal integrity in the US (not Europe). Here's some data that shows why, if you haven't see that before.

If you buy a Firebridge upgrade, we're all curious what it consists of. DW claims two internal amps, but I've tried that and there's not enough room. I could only get one small 2W amp inside. Most people don't think DroneWorld is very reputable, given their high prices and "hard to believe" claims. I live only a mile from their headquarters but they won't allow walk-ins to discuss their stuff, which is a red flag for me. They won't even answer my emails. Something fishy going on there, so I have stayed away even though they are located in my home town.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31