Phantom 4 Device Holder Stuck

Reaction score
So, I received my P4 today and have been trying to set it up. The device holder seems stuck - even if you press the button on the right. Is this normal? I recall from the video tutorial, it is supposed to slide up freely.

See pic:

I don't want to apply pressure /force it up so it doesn't break.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

It looks in your picture that there is a piece of tape on top they use to ship, this tape is to ensure the holder does not extend in shipping, remove it. Mine when it was new, did not raise by itself when I pressed the button and I had to pull it out, now it does and with time it rises faster. There is a ratchet inside that will click when you push it in to lock on your device. Your ratchet may be stiff or stuck. Be gentle, I would press on the button and keep it pressed, then push down on the holder to close it, this may unlock the ratchet it may start to slide, keep the button pushed and pull out on the holder, if it does, open and close several times to loosen it.

Last edited:
It looks in your picture that there is a piece of tape on top they use to ship, this tape is to ensure the holder does not extend in shipping, remove it. Mine when it was new, did not raise by itself when I pressed the button and I had to pull it out, now it does and with time it rises faster. There is a ratchet inside that will click when you push it in to lock on your device. Your ratchet may be stiff or stuck. Be gentle, I would press on the button and keep it pressed, then push down on the holder to close it, this may unlock the ratchet it may start to slide, keep the button pushed and pull out on the holder, if it does, open and close several times to loosen it.
That was it...the tape!!..[facepalm]. I thought I peeled off the last piece from the controller. Thanks for the tip.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Reactions: Erised

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20