Phantom 4 crashes into lake how do I repair

Reaction score
Hi everyone
I crashed my phantom 4 into a lake but managed to get it out
Where do I start to repair it and what parts should I change
And where is the best place to get the parts
It is showing no sign of life with the battery in

Reactions: GFields
The battery is toast once it goes into water. Dispose of it properly. As long as it was fresh water and not sitting at the bottom of a lake for a long time, I would suggest popping off the top half of the shell and letting the P4 sit out in the hot sun for a few days to dry out completely. Reassemble and then start her up with a new battery.

Be sure to dry it completelly - a few days. Then try with the new battery or with the one with no issues. Did it get any other visible damage?
If no result teke it for repair to qualified service.

Hi everyone
I crashed my phantom 4 into a lake but managed to get it out
Where do I start to repair it and what parts should I change
And where is the best place to get the parts
It is showing no sign of life with the battery in
Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Do you have any photos of the drone? Water (even fresh water) can cause major damage to electronics. After allowing it to dry for a few days to a week try starting with another battery. Let us know what happens

I was able to save my P3S after a dunk in the lake 3 years ago.

The drone was submerged completely for about 10 seconds, at a depth of about 4 feet. The airframe completely filled with water through the air vents, and water was visible in the camera body.

I took out the battery before it even came out of the water.

On getting home I immediately took apart the camera and lens to let the moisture escape. I then took apart the white cladding around the body and hit it with compressed air in a few nooks and crannies around circuit boards and the like. I also air blasted the top of the battery pack. No need to worry about the motors much, but the ESC circuits are super vulnerable to water and shorting.

I left the naked drone (no white cladding) in the sun for a day or two, then indoors in a dehumidified room for a couple more.

After about a week I reassembled everything, and bob’s your uncle (ie., it worked).

Best of luck!

I would let it dry for at least a week before trying it. Some people use rice but I use

Silica Gel from Amazon. 5# for about $30​

I have had good luck with silica gel.

Reactions: tunadoctor
What about if the drone hits an estuary water which has some salty component, much less than ocean water. I guess rinsing with fresh or distilled water and dry like described above.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers