Phantom 4 Camera Sensor Error

Reaction score
Why do I get camera sensor error on phantom 4 and hardware damage? Please help me. thanks.

Attachments

• 184526qjk11psqg99s928g.jpeg
    184526qjk11psqg99s928g.jpeg
    16.2 KB · Views: 610
Um not seen hardware error before,does drone and camera still work ok or these prevent from flying,they certainly not nice warnings,has it flown in the past or new,has it had a imu calibration done,

I have the exactly the same issue, this is after repairing a damaged P4. It has has a new ribbon cable, just hope I did not damage it putting in. I have not done an imu calibration dont think that would fix the problem.

Yeh I thought might be good place to start incase it a uncalibrated sensor issue,if something not right it should show here (hopefully)camera moves around during different imu calibration positions so it's doing something through the loom,the camera does have sensor I presume

Will remove the camera again and check all the ribbon connections going in to the boards..one might not be in all the way.

Yeh was just reading posts from 2016 on this very same issue and it was fixed with ribbon cable so hope it works and your back in the air,nz company called ferntec has these ribbons sets for p4 at $29 so I better buy some incase

Thank you to all of you.
I've tried camera calibration and IMU has not changed.
I also calibrate with DJI Asisstan 2 but there is no change ..

I'm trying to buy a flexible camera cable and hopefully there's a change.

I'll be back later if there's a change.

try calibration of compass and imu , also calibrate gimbal etc,.. should be ok , a hard hit will put all out of alignment , cheers

Yes it does sound like it could possibly be a flat ribbon cable or the camera sensor itself depending on the severity accident . More than one component can give off the same error message. Also a combination of components could give that same error. You have to be very careful when purchasing and installing all gimbal cables and motors. Remenber when purchacing online for gimbal and camera parts cheaper is not always better. When installing remember that the smallest damage could cause malfutions.

Cloud City Drones does carry the P4 flat ribbon cable. We also have a service department that is very experienced with camera repairs.

I had that camera sensor error after repairing a damaged P4, but found out i damaged the ribbon cable doing the repair. I replaced it and the camera error message was gone. You have to extremely careful where the ribbon exits the circuit board on the rear side of camera (dont bent ribbon to sharply) when sticking it down.

I had a Camera Sensor Error on my P4P+V2.0. It had been in a few minor "crashes" but I would describe them more like hard landings. Anyways, it was 3 months old and under warranty so I spoke with DJI, they said it would be covered under warranty. They sent me a shipping label so I shipped it off. After they received the drone, they said the data they collected suggested it was user error which caused the Camera Sensor Error, therefore, it would not be covered under warranty so I would have to pay them to fix it... $396. DJI will fix every little thing wrong with the drone before they send it back to you, including scuffs or minor issues. After going back and forth with them, DJI agreed to return my drone to me for free. I called a local shop and they can fix the issue for $125.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4