Phantom 4 altitude problem

Reaction score
Hi,
I am having a bit of a problem, when I fly my P4 the altitude that DJI GO 4 is telling me seems fairly accurate, but when I try to use one of the features i.e. Actave track or Way point it does not work. The app tells me that it can't (start the mission or track) because I am under 3m, I can be at 35m and it still tells me that. If I manage to make it do the mission it will just go straight up and I am forced to make it retern home, to stop it. I have the max altitude set at 120m and the drone stops at the height fine (or so it seems) . Also I calabrate the compass before every flight.
The drone flys fine, it is just really annoying not being able to use the features.

Also does anyone know if you can "hack" the distance sensing cameras so you can see what they are seeing, Just a thought, I have no idea if its posable. But on one of the calibrations on the Dji assist website. The computer shows what the cameras are seeing.

Also I calibrate the compass before every flight.
Sorry, I don't have any ideas for the altitude issue but there's no need to recalibrate your compass all the time.
If it's flying straight and hovers without spiraling, you're good to go.
It won't lose it's calibration.
Just leave it and enjoy flying.

You can use DJI Assistant 2 on a PC/Mac to refresh your firmware, but maybe try the old cotton swab and just a trace of alcohol on the two downward facing sensors. It's possible they are dirty and causing a sensor error that the copter can't understand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl