Phantom 4 - Aircraft Disconnected While Flying - Lost Drone

GREAT NEWS.!! Last night we received a confirmation email from DJI support stating the cause for our P4 to crash was electric related, therefore we will be receiving a free P4. We will need to link the existing controller to the new P4 when they ship it in about 3-5 days.

That's a great outcome.. Hats off to DJI!

Hi, today we sadly saw our Phantom 4 drift down to the bottom of a river and we weren't able to rescue it. The drone was flying at 75 feet of altitude and at around 100 feet away from us. All of the sudden we got the Weak Signal and within 2 seconds we got the Aircraft Disconnected message. We ran closer to gain reception and pressed the Return Back Home and we saw the drone just fall to the bottom of the river. The weird thing is that with over 18 hours of flight, we had never encountered this situation before. We had all of the latest firmware up to date, fully charged controller battery, fully charged iPad Mini battery and fully charged Phantom 4 smart battery. Now we have no way to rescue the drone and it is lost forever. I wonder how many people has this happened to. It almost feels as if there was an electrical cut-out or power off which caused the drone to just loose connection with the controller. As we review the video reference recorded on the iPad, the video just cuts off as if the entire P4 just shut off on mid air. How can I report to DJI? We have the flight report available.
I had the same thing happen, I am waiting for the response from DJI, I waited until I could hear the low battery beeps , less the voice , I figured it was going to just land in the lake so I might as well do something ... so i turned of the RC for a couple seconds then back on and the screen went live again and i could hear the voice saying battery at 20% , I regained control and brought it back and landed thank God, now all it does is say disconnected . DJI sent me several links with instruction yo update, it ende up not updating but sent a mesaage back to DJI and said they would contact me with another fix ... been two days now ...Waiting....

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jrl