Phantom 4 Advanced dropped from the sky

I just got an update from DJI on my P4A+. They are trying to say it hit a tree that caused it to fall from the sky. There aren't any trees that tall in the area. Plus my takeoff elevation was at least 30' above the ground level elevation where it fell.

Capture.JPG

I just got an update from DJI on my P4A+. They are trying to say it hit a tree that caused it to fall from the sky. There aren't any trees that tall in the area. Plus my takeoff elevation was at least 30' above the ground level elevation where it fell.

View attachment 92334

That seems an unlikely explanation. The aircraft was 47.5 m above the takeoff point and the ground at the crash site was 10 m lower, as you mentioned. That would require a 60 m tree. Plus the log doesn't show any sign of an impact which it should, given that it was only moving at around 1 m/s.

I got an email from DJI today letting me know that upon further review they will be covering the repair to my P4A under warranty. I would like to thank the members of this forum that helped read the flight data so I could present my case to DJI.

Reactions: sar104
I got an email from DJI today letting me know that upon further review they will be covering the repair to my P4A under warranty. I would like to thank the members of this forum that helped read the flight data so I could present my case to DJI.

Nice to know that they are willing to reconsider. From some of their communications that others have shared, I suspect that they do not always do a very thorough initial review so it's always worth persisting.

Reactions: ckf
It is nice to see a positive outcome. There are so many helpful folks on this forum willing to lend their expertise, usually the same bunch. Kudos to you all for taking the time to help.

Reactions: ckf
Nice to know there are still decent people out there willing to lend a hand.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT