Phantom 4 Advanced - Crashed - Gimbal Replacement/Repair Question

Reaction score
I was flying a Phantom 4 Advanced for a client of mine and hit a powerline. It dropped to the pavement and the only damage was the gimbal broke completely off but no scratches to the camera itself and the body is unscratched as well.

I sent it to a repair shop in Florida and they finally came back saying the whole gimbal and camera needs replacing. I was originally sending it in to DJI as I've done before with my personal drone but thought sending to this place was closer to me and be quicker. I do believe these authorized service centers/dealers are limited in what they can repair/get original parts for. They quoted me $868. Like I mentioned it was my clients drone so I'm trying to keep costs down and have actually looked for a used one as it would possibly be cheaper than repairing.

I'm wondering if I had sent it to DJI like I first thought would they be able to repair just the gimbal arm (I've heard the cost is around $190ish).

Photos attached.

Attachments

• Gimbal 01.JPG
    Gimbal 01.JPG
    111.8 KB · Views: 308
  • Gimbal 02.JPG
    Gimbal 02.JPG
    107.3 KB · Views: 310
Just did a similar repair.
Without a closer look, my guess is these are the parts (below) it will need.
Teds video was a great help (Thanks!)
New yaw motor will be needed if it's ribbon is torn. I can't see that in the pics.
A new main ribbon will be needed.
The old yaw motor housing (cap) will be used, unless the person doing the repair has the ability to program and time the new motor.
Even with removing the old motor housing, I still thought I was taking a gamble that it would work.
I took that gamble and fortunately it worked out.

Make sure to get the correct main ribbon.

Flex Cable for camera Spare part #36 for P4P
Gimbal Yaw Motor for DJI Phantom 4/4Pro Professional
Gimbal Yaw Arm for DJI Phantom 4 Pro

Can't see video pasted in browser no help of you deleted or changes please send me new link. My problem is similar
Send @Ted4797 a PM in. Conversations and ask for the video, he won’t see your request here very easily.

I sent it in a PM. Check the envelope in the top right next to bell.
I am redoing my videos because Chinese companies are using them in their adds.

Reactions: Capt KO

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20