phantom 4 advance camera always needs to be calibrated before flight

Reaction score
Hi everyone, hope all is well
When ever I start up my p4a the camera is pointed off center and tilted, I always have to calibrated the gimble before i fly in order to straighten the camera, not a problem doing that, just what might cause the camera to always have to be calibrated
thanks
everyone be safe

There is something wrong with the hardware. When my P4adv powers up, it goes through an initiation phase including one that moves the gimbal around before settling down and displaying the camera view. Does yours do this startup dance?

yes it goes through its start up[ dance and then settles to off center and titled, but all is fine after i calibrated it

There is something wrong with the hardware. When my P4adv powers up, it goes through an initiation phase including one that moves the gimbal around before settling down and displaying the camera view. Does yours do this startup dance?

If you had even the slightest bump or bang of the drone, during a landing, you could have damaged one or both of the very tiny sensors in the yaw motor. A scratch or gouge in the top of a sensor can alter the efficiency of these gimbal motors.

Once you calibrate it, try moving the yaw with a finger to one side and let it go back to center & then try the other side. If the yaw doesn't snap back firmly, you have a bad sensor.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dragonslair