Phantom 4 Adv RC and AC can't connect to Samsung tab s2 9.7"

Reaction score
So I bought my phantom 4 adv a week ago and a Samsung tab s2 9.7" (T815) as a main tablet. I flew once to check everything and it worked with good - there was flew times S2 didn't connect to RC, but mostly everything was ok. But then a couple days after I wanted to use my drone again and I couldn't even connect the RC. I looked for a solution and found one that suggested to change USB config from MTP to RDNIS. This way worked perfectly to connect RC to S2 but new error occurred-I was unable to connect AC (dji go 4 still show "enter device" after turning AC on). I tried to turn all the devices on and off several times and it succeeded maybe three times, and every time I turn a RC off the USB config goes back to MAP and I can't connect RC again.
I tried to use different smartphones such as Samsung Note 8, Huawei, other Samsung Tab S2 9.7" and everything worked fine on Note and Huawei.
Is there's a problem with S2 or P4A? I'm hopeless right now cause it cost me lots of money and time and yet such as expensive stuff doesn't work properly...

Last edited:
Hi Jules, I'm experiencing the same issue with my S2. What did you mean by USE config.

Hi all, I'm experiencing the same issue with my S2 as Jules. The GO app says I'm disconnected and shows me the Mavic page. If I switch to the p4a page and enter the device all my telemetry is zeroed out and there is no video. However I can arm the motors and take off in A mode. So it looks like the 2.4GHz radio is connected but not the 5.8GHz video channel as the feed is black on my S2. Does anyone know what's going on with this and how to fix it?

Zymurgist - sorry, it was a typo, I meant USB of course.

As for update: yesterday I tried some solutions I found on the internet - one was to connect RC and AC then turn on S2, second was to connect RC and AC with the tablet on, then to change USB to RDNIS. Neither of them worked - it just showed that the RC is connected.
What's more, I unplugged RC from S2 and dji go still showed that RC is connected. I closed the app, opened again and nothing changed. Miraculously RC is detected by dji app while unplugged, turned off and stored in the box...

im having the same the RC is connected to the AC andi have two ipads a mini3 and air2 and have changed cords .my RC is unknown version now and fails to update throu the go4 . the dji assistant2 on win 8 does not connect never has so this thing is just able to fly with out video or any control from the go4 app so i dont know if return to home will work so i dont want to fly it any help would be great

So I bought my phantom 4 adv a week ago and a Samsung tab s2 9.7" (T815) as a main tablet. I flew once to check everything and it worked with good - there was flew times S2 didn't connect to RC, but mostly everything was ok. But then a couple days after I wanted to use my drone again and I couldn't even connect the RC. I looked for a solution and found one that suggested to change USB config from MTP to RDNIS. This way worked perfectly to connect RC to S2 but new error occurred-I was unable to connect AC (dji go 4 still show "enter device" after turning AC on). I tried to turn all the devices on and off several times and it succeeded maybe three times, and every time I turn a RC off the USB config goes back to MAP and I can't connect RC again.
I tried to use different smartphones such as Samsung Note 8, Huawei, other Samsung Tab S2 9.7" and everything worked fine on Note and Huawei.
Is there's a problem with S2 or P4A? I'm hopeless right now cause it cost me lots of money and time and yet such as expensive stuff doesn't work properly...

I have been trying to find the area where I can " change USB config from MTP to RDNIS.." but have been unable to. The video I saw mentioned "Developer" area, but cannot find that listing under settings on my S2.

Suggestions?

I have been trying to find the area where I can " change USB config from MTP to RDNIS.." but have been unable to. The video I saw mentioned "Developer" area, but cannot find that listing under settings on my S2.

Suggestions?
Have you already enabled the developer settings?

Settings > About
Tap 'Build Number' 7 times

Have you already enabled the developer settings?

Settings > About
Tap 'Build Number' 7 times
Hey i had all kind of problems and was all solved by using nolimitdronez i think it was i ran original software on my i pad and i took a motorola nexus put their software on it and unbelievable my ipad had problems i was getting green bars on my video and connection problems then i used my nexus all has been fine. It seems to me dji puts code in there so you have problems and we well most of us dont know alot about the workings of these and we call in and surprise dji wants you to send it in and like $300 late you get it back and it is good for awhile.

I haven’t been following this topic for some time, but I checked both my Tab S2 and P4A in stores and nobody found any solution. So I solved it my way and bought iPad instead. And that was the best decision to make - no problems with connection, no problem during flight, everything works as it should be.
My guess is that Tab S2 9.7” has some software issues that cause all that problems and since I didn’t want to wait for some updates I got rid of it.
Funny thing - a friend of mine also has 9.7” S2 and he can’t connect it to either my or my boyfriend’s P4A. On the other hand, boyfriend has Samsung TabS2 8” and never complained about it.

I haven’t been following this topic for some time, but I checked both my Tab S2 and P4A in stores and nobody found any solution. So I solved it my way and bought iPad instead. And that was the best decision to make - no problems with connection, no problem during flight, everything works as it should be.
My guess is that Tab S2 9.7” has some software issues that cause all that problems and since I didn’t want to wait for some updates I got rid of it.
Funny thing - a friend of mine also has 9.7” S2 and he can’t connect it to either my or my boyfriend’s P4A. On the other hand, boyfriend has Samsung TabS2 8” and never complained about it.
Hi yes i have ipad mini 3 i think and a nexus 6 and mostly used the ipad and worked well for some time and then it started all kinds of problem to the point i wanted to put bunch fire on it and make a public display on how bad dji's products are a friend told me about nolimitdronez and i got there software and had a little problem at first but after i figured it out it unlocks your drone letting you set it up how ever you like i am not paid in any form from them or anyone else i really like what the have done is all

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.