Phantom 3??

Reaction score
I don't have my Phantom 3 yet and now I'm wondering if I should get one or not. It seems to me that DJI has really blundered with this release.Not enough P3's available after a month or more on the market. Still no extra batteries available? Batteries coming now seem to have issues? P3's crashing for no reason, Updates that render it un-flyable and best I can tell their service seems to still suck! Did I miss anything?

Reactions: tgden
I think you are blowing things out of proportion a bit. Phantoms and batteries can be easily found right now if you search a bit. Or, just go to www.PhantomHelp.com if you want to leave the searching to me :)

It's true that some people are running into issues. When you're selling such a large number of Phantoms though, there are no doubt always going to be people who have issues.

Last edited:
I received mine 2 days after ordering.
I have 2 extra batteries that I ordered separately for each battery.
0 Issues
Never called Service

Did I miss anything?

Reactions: JBG
I think the main thing that you may be missing is that there are tons of very satisfied pilots out there who are flying their P3's almost every day. Most of us have had minimal problems. I did the new firmware update yesterday, recalibrated everything and had 2 amazing flights! I have had my P3 for just over a month and have had my 2nd battery for almost 2 weeks.

If you want to look for the bad in this product, please don't buy one. If you want to join in with those of us who are recurrently amazed at this little quadcopter and the amazing footage and photos that it can produce, by all means order one ASAP.

Good flying!
Chris

Reactions: Cyclone
once u get over the bugs and problems talk of here??.... Its still a great product.... you will be amazed by the video shots u can get...

I have no regrets

bugs, work around them .. working ok for me (Android lag) which is the only problem I've had.

Do your homework and decide if you want to be on the edge of new technology... if not? Wait.

Regs Chris

I don't have my Phantom 3 yet and now I'm wondering if I should get one or not. It seems to me that DJI has really blundered with this release.Not enough P3's available after a month or more on the market. Still no extra batteries available? Batteries coming now seem to have issues? P3's crashing for no reason, Updates that render it un-flyable and best I can tell their service seems to still suck! Did I miss anything?

My P3P is literally the greatest thing that has ever happened to me.

Do not get one! I have done everything perfectly and mine is completely bricked. I've Googled everything. Nobody even responds. The recent update has made my compass, gimbal, everything completely not work at all. I have over 100 flights in phantoms and never seen a unit as glitch and useless as this one.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I have to jump in here too. I now have 28 flights on my P3P, and even with the glitches I have had, I'm going to get an Inspire asap, and continue to get involved in this great sport! I'm excited as hell to fly every day! And just like STORROWDRIVE said, it's neater than sliced bread! One of the most fantastic endeavours I have ever done! Oh, and birddog, just kicked up a bunch of partridge today!

Last edited:
It seems to me that DJI has really blundered with this release.Not enough P3's available after a month or more on the market. Still no extra batteries available? Batteries coming now seem to have issues? P3's crashing for no reason, Updates that render it un-flyable and best I can tell their service seems to still suck! Did I miss anything?
Yes .. you missed that there are very few owners with any significant issues and the product being above and beyond the expectations of many owners.
The P3 is way ahead of the product it replaced or any competition.
What shortages there were, was a factor of how popular the machine is and the demand outstripping supply.
The glitches with the latest firmware update are quite minor and don't render the P3 un-flyable at all.
DJI's service isn't as bad as it once was and most users never need it.
Some of the issues you mention are just a factor of having the most popular product in its market and the company stretched as it grows.
That's just what comes from making the best in class RTH drone at a great price.

Reactions: Cyclone
My investments in Phantom 3 pro + ipad 3 + extra have just returned. We were filming industrial video, and we had a budget to hire air-videographer, but we decided to buy P3P. I did it by myself and can say it was the smart move not to hire smb else. BIG PLUS I have a great industrial air portfolio now.

Reactions: J.James

Don't buy one.
You clearly have no tolerance or experience with the release of new technology.
The last thing we need on this forum is another user that crashes due to lack of experience, Claims it was the fault of the quad, then screams that DJI won't buy them a new quad.
Take up darts, it's a proven technology, and they are cheap to replace when you break them.

I apologize for the post. Lot's of feathers are flying and darn it.....there goes another partridge!

I flew my Phantom 2 V+ this morning. Why do I keep this relic?.. LOL. It's not that bad but the P3P is so much improved... I do like the Ground Station of the Phantom 2. I'll be using it for the more risky flights.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31