Phantom 3 will have Waypoints

Reaction score
I hear the Phantom 3 will have "waypoints" in the ground station app. Maybe this has been posted, but if not it is now. I use waypoints very much. It is nice to set POI "points of interests" and just watch and listen. Today I flew my P2V+. Can't wait for the P3, but I guess I will have too!

I hear the Phantom 3 will have "waypoints" in the ground station app. Maybe this has been posted, but if not it is now. I use waypoints very much. It is nice to set POI "points of interests" and just watch and listen. Today I flew my P2V+. Can't wait for the P3, but I guess I will have too!

No waypoints, no POI, no groundstation.

Any of those functions will have to be through 3rd party applications, which none exist as of yet.

A friend of mine called DJI in Los Angeles, spoke with a technician there. the Tech said the Phantom 3 will be using the same app as the Inspire one, and that it will have waypoints. That is all I know.
We will soon see in a week or so!!

POI will be a feature in upcoming firmware, waypoints will more than likely be from 3rd party apps.

It allows you to circle a point in space with the camera pointing to the center of the circle.

Well coming from you guys Blade and Tahoe that's good enough of an answer for me. Any other spoilers or treats for us? :)

Oh, not bad. I wonder how smooth it will be, guess I will have to wait and see...
This has been active in DJI pro line controllers for some time. Its pretty darn smooth.

Interesting. Perhaps a software upgrade when P3 comes out??

This will be in a future firmware upgrade.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31